Junkanoo Beach Nassau

Racegirl6

I have been reading up on Junkanoo Beach in Nassau. I like the idea of walking there and hanging out at Tiki Bikini Hut. Does anyone know if they rent snorkel equipment around there. I read somewhere about snorkeling by the pier and now I can't find it. Thanks for any info.

we've been there, and to be honest, there really isn't any great snorkeling on Junkanoo beach. if you want to snorkel off the beach, best bets would be to either get one of the day passes from the resort at Cable beach, or head over to Cabbage beach and walk all the way to the eastern most point, where there is a rocky outpost. we've snorkeled here a couple times and there are plenty of fish hanging out by the rocks, and even seen a couple eagle rays passing through once. but for the best snorkeling, obviously the reefs are where it's at. and don't believe you can rent snorkeling gear at either junkanoo or cabbage beach...

My first cruise to Nassau, I made the mistake of thinking I could just walk off the ship and go lounge on this public beach that was within walking distance. Yes, it was within walking distance BUT it wasn't the cleanest beach, no shaded lounge chairs, and locals trying to braid my hair and sell me herbs that I wasn't interested in. Second cruise I booked the British Colonial Hilton is is right next to Junkanoo towards the pier. Nice private relaxing beach day in a shaded chair. Booked with Resort for a Day and the Day Pass included snorkeling equipment to use.

We were adventurous enough to walk to Junkanoo the first time we got to Nassau, but it's just too far, carrying towels and beach stuff, in the heat, not the best of ideas. We did have a drink once we got there, the service was ok, the bartender seemed annoyed. We stayed for a few minutes and walked back.