Rony's West End or West Bay Group excursion

jryculand

Has anyone done Rony's group excursion to West End or West Bay. It looks like it's a shuttle bus and is $30 pp for 2 of us. We are just looking for a relaxing day looking at shops and restaurants in West End Village and then walking the beach in West Bay.

We thought this would be a perfect way to get there but I wanted to get some feedback!

Thanks

Rony is just great. We always book him for a private tour, but I'm sure his groups are great too. West End and West Bay are very different. You can decide if snorkeling is your main objective or just sitting on a fabulous beach. Depending on your port time - if you book a private tour, you could visit both.

I don't know how the group excursions work but if what you wish to do is wander West End and walk the West Bay beach. The excursion only need drop you off in West End the n collect you in West Bay. You can take the water taxi from West End to West Bay.

Oh wait, maybe they group excursion only does one or the other.

Perhaps having a chat with several of the tour companies would better help you decide. Many people go the private tour route.

• 2 weeks later...
We are also think of going with Rony on our cruise in 2 weeks. The West Bay areas have gotten so crowded so we are looking for a more relaxed day in West End. Has anyone done the Wese End excursions with Rony?

Have ya been to West End? My perception is with it being town, cars and commerce, there is little relaxing to be done.

Have ya been to West End? My perception is with it being town, cars and commerce, there is little relaxing to be done.

West End is a street with a few stores and is pretty laid back. It was a few years back that we took a cab there and loafed all day. There was very little traffic and not that much going on. We snorkeled, shopped, and took in the sights.

Our visit to West Bay was wall-to-wall people. The snorkeling was good, but I wouldn't go back.

We stopped briefly in West End on a Victor Bodden tour earlier this year. I felt West End was charming, quiet, and laid back with an actual street you could walk down and many interesting shops to shop in. The beach there also looked nice and peaceful. It was not busy and full of tourists like the West Bay areas have become. We have been going to Roatan for many years and have seen West Bay turn into a very crowded touristy mess. The water there is still very beautiful, but the crowds have ruined it for us. I was looking forward to going to West End for a more relaxing day and some local shopping.

• 4 weeks later...
We stopped briefly in West End on a Victor Bodden tour earlier this year. I felt West End was charming, quiet, and laid back with an actual street you could walk down and many interesting shops to shop in. The beach there also looked nice and peaceful. It was not busy and full of tourists like the West Bay areas have become. We have been going to Roatan for many years and have seen West Bay turn into a very crowded touristy mess. The water there is still very beautiful, but the crowds have ruined it for us. I was looking forward to going to West End for a more relaxing day and some local shopping.

Most wonderful, indeed I agree there is more shopping to be had in West End.

I don't cotton to the noise level of the traffic, it just doesn't scream peaceful to me. I understand your feeling it is less of a zoo than the Tabyana end of West bay though. I think of one seeks peaceful beach they need look to Paya Bay, or Camp Bay.

Enjoy the island!