What do you think? Assigned cabins.

newlights

I booked a 4 day on the Inspiration 3 weeks ago. Since this is truly going to be a booze cruise for us, we decided to let Carnival pick the room since it was cheaper. About 2 days after making our reservation, we were assigned R28. When I made the reservation, all we were guaranteed was an inside room. R28 is an outside porthole room so that's a small upgrade I guess, and we're not stuck with bunk beds. We are normally balcony people but I couldn't see spending that kind of money for such a short cruise. I guess it just depends how close to the cruise date you book. Another thing is I booked two separate rooms and requested that we be placed at least near each other and actually got rooms right next door to one another. I guess you could always book it and then change it if you don't like the room assignment.

I let 'em assign my cabin quite often, and have noted that the later they assign the cabin, the better my chances of a GREAT upgrade. Best one I ever got was aboard "Breeze", where I booked an inside guarantee, and never got my cabin assignment until I arrived at the port. When I checked in, the lady commented that I'd received a nice upgrade. Went from an inside, to an Ocean Suite! How sweet that was! ;)

"SKY"

I . I guess you could always book it and then change it if you don't like the room assignment.

No you can't. If you book a guarantee stateroom you are not allow to change it. At least that is what the rule state. You get what you get. The only correct way to change would be to cancel and rebook. Depending how you booked you might incur more charges than if you picked your room in the first place.