Laundry- all ships cruise card payment , or is CB still quarters?

BratDet

Good morning all,

We have sailed on Caribbean Princess quite a few times, but not recently.

Any recent cruisers able to tell me if the laundry is now cruise card payment, or still quarters in the slot payment?

Not sure if they retro converted older ships from coin to cruise card tokens.

Thanks!

Bernadette

Just to be clear, you use your cruise card to get tokens from a dispenser in the laundry room and use the tokens in the machines. If the dispenser is empty, you can get tokens from the passenger services desk.

I'm quite clear on getting the tokens..I .always bring my own detergent & dryer sheets...last thing I need is a laundry rash.... :)

.miss those Purex 3-1....sheets

Bernadette

I know what you mean about the Purex. I bought a bunch when they were on sale a long time ago for use on vacation (we own a timeshare in Orlando and I like to bring them there with me) and I still have a few left, which will be coming to me on our Alaskan cruise. I'm getting low so I was hunting for them in the stores but they don't seem to make them anymore - just those laundry pods. Bummer. They sure were convenient.

For our Alaska cruise, we purchased a bag of Tide Pods in Seattle since we were done with flying. We used what we needed and sold the rest to fellow passengers for less than the cost of the powder in the dispenser. Fellow passengers got a good deal and we got back what we paid for the plus a little extra to pay for our washers.

Not sure what we are going to do on the next cruise. At least we don't have to take quarters!