Royally Enchanted Once Again ~ Enchantment Of The Seas Picture Review

mpoole3

Hi CC friends!

I'm back form being royally enchanted again on the beautiful Enchantment Of The Seas. This was a 3 day cruise sailing on December 5th, visiting Nassau & Coco Cay. I went on this cruise solo, just so I can get those double C&A points! Kidding, I try to take 2-3 solo cruises a year, for me time. I'm pretty weird I suppose, but I love spending quality "me" time and why not on a cruise.

For those of you who haven't read my past reviews on the enchantment from earlier this. Year they can be found below. I'm going to try very hard to include new information, so I'm not just repeating myself this go around.

Jan: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1980397

June: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2059380

Oct: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2112626

I must say each one gets better, so maybe start bottom up!

IMG_2633_zpsee059459.jpg

Pre-Cruise:

I got a few work hours in Thursday morning and drove down six hours to Daytona, Florida. This is about 1 hour north of Port Canaveral. I stayed at a nice resort called, The Plaza Resort. I found at $79/Night. They did add a $20 resort fee per night upon check-in, but for the value I didn't mind. It came with free valet parking and 2 cocktails. I'll also add I think there was a total of five people staying at this resort, very quite. Okay enough of that boring info, it's almost cruise time!

IMG_5675_zps03cdd0d6.jpg

IMG_5676_zpsa96cdc96.jpg

Day 1:

IT'S CRUISE DAY!

I woke up on my own from all the excitement at 6:00 am, but I knew it was a little too early to go now. I did lay in bed and watch the ship pull into port from the webcam, which I almost always watch the morning before it just adds to the excitement.

I headed down to the restaurant at the resort for breakfast at 7:30AM; I'll once again add I was the only one dinning. The waitress said, did you watch the launch this morning? WHAT!? What launch? Sadly, I missed the nasa launch at 7:05 and I was awake, oh well always next time right? I left the hotel at 8:30, and headed south on I-95. There is just something about being on this interstate that gets me excite, but north bound just just doesn't bring the same excitement level. I pre-book rsvp at Park-N-Cruise to keep my car. However I arrived too early! They were still off loading; a few other cars were sitting there waiting also. The signs said they start at 10:45, but they let us in at 10:15. Check in was a breeze and very well organized, they have made a few changes, since I was here in October, that seem to make the flow better. Only complaint was they packed an extra five people in the bus and we were sitting in others laps, but it was kinda fun!

IMG_5679_zpsd001b96d.jpg

Edited by mpoole3

Arrived at 10:30 to the terminal and the teams were waiting to take our bags. I just had a small bag, so I only tipped him $1. The standard tip is $1-$2 per bag, or heck whatever you want! Once inside I went straight up zero line for the diamond row, however the platinum was rather long. They all just gave me a few looks like how is he going right up, but it's one of the perks for spending a half fortune with Royal. They just started boarding and I just walked right on, the centrum looked beautiful with all the Christmas decor.

IMG_5706_zps67332fdf.jpg

I find it fun to be on the ship before it gets packed, I headed straight up to the pool deck for a few pictures, as if I don't have enough! I did make a quick pit stop and purchase the select beer/wine package. The cost is $35 per day and includes all beer and house wine. I know that the diamond perk comes with 3 cocktails a night, but I enjoy beer and a lot of it. Over the course of the day/night I probably had ten, and I only drink blue moon or Stella so that would have cost $60ish. Now the real question is if I can keep up...

IMG_5682_zps77ca144b.jpg

IMG_5685_zps1558c706.jpg

I decided to not have lunch in the windjammer, but thinking of all my virtual friends I went in when it opened and took pictures for all of you! Here lately I've become a park cafe snob, so that's where I had lunch, but note they don't open until 12:00 so you have to hold off an extra hour.

IMG_5694_zpsaacd6edb.jpg

IMG_5693_zps25e0e833.jpg

IMG_5691_zpsa8f20eae.jpg

IMG_5692_zps02270f8f.jpg

Edited by mpoole3

Sad to report but I had about two hours of work to do, so I headed down to the R Bar in the centrum, set-up and got my work done while having endless Stella, I suppose it wasn't that bad. They had live music playing and it was quite enjoyable to sit and relax before the cruise got started.

IMG_5707_zpse0dd2e57.jpg

Once I got my work done I headed up to park cafe for lunch for the worlds famous roast beef sandwich, but wait... It's NOT roast beef! Boooo... Okay they have pork roast but I promise you it's not the same. They made this change two months ago and I don't like it. Can anyone report what they are serving on Oasis/allure?

IMG_5699_zps8824e24a.jpg

IMG_5713_zpsb5081a15.jpg

Edited by mpoole3

After lunch I took some quick pictures of the beautiful solarium, which is where park cafe is located.

I don't really spend much time in here, but I can't think of a better place to take an afternoon nap.

IMG_5704_zps4ab9515c.jpg

IMG_5701_zps35bd6791.jpg

It's 2:00 at this point and the cabins were ready at 1:30, so I went to check out my cabin. I booked under and "Z" guarantee three days prior to the cruise and landed a Large Ocean View on deck 3 aft, which is my favorite location. I also don't mind sharing what I paid, with taxes and fees included it was $384 + $100 OBC. Not the best deal I've got on EOS, but you can't beat that OBC on a weekend cruise, can I say free drink package! Okay now I'm all over the place, back to the room.

It was a very nice cabin with a love sofa and recently upgraded with flat Screen TV. Only complaints on the room is that darn love shower certain! Why why why are these still around? If you happen to land one of the new cabins installed on the stretch you get sliding doors. I've booked one of them for my B2B2B next fall, 10 days on this beauty!

IMG_5726_zps58b9ddf8.jpg

Guess what? My bag arrived at 2:30 when I was leaving the cabin! I was so happy, because I could unpack and change. If anyone ready my Liberty review you will understand how happy this made me! I will also note no one in the hall had luggage out, so I wonder if Royal made sure mine was pulled right away. Nevertheless, I put some shorts on and head back to the pool deck.

IMG_5727_zps7071502a.jpg

IMG_5730_zps14ab7c44.jpg

Not such a bad view...

IMG_5731_zps4a40f4f4.jpg

Edited by mpoole3

love your reviews, i am going on this ship in March so everything is great for me. First time on a cruise too!!

Thanks! You are in luck my friend you have this review to look forward to & I'll be doing one more next month! I should say 19 days...Yes, I'm counting!

PS thanks for the kind words, I was wondering if anyone was reading!

Edited by mpoole3

Thanks! You are in luck my friend you have this review to look forward to & I'll be doing one more next month! I should say 19 days...Yes, I'm counting!

PS thanks for the kind words, I was wondering if anyone was reading!

Can't wait for that one too. we are staying in 7102 which i think is the new part, any thoughts of that area of the ship

Things were starting to get a little wild, or many just busy, but nonstop fun that's for sure. Only had 30 mins until all the bars shut down at 3:00 for the dreaded muster drill.

At 3:15 they call for everyone to report to the muster station, now the key is to stall as long as possible. I usually take the longest restroom break possible until 3:25 and head down. The reason for stalling is because they pack you so tight on the side of the ship and its not too much fun. I also walk extremely slow there, so slow in fact, some asked me if I "was okay" I just laughed. Our head muster leader was actually quite fun and we all sang happy bday to a girl, and would boo anyone who came late. All fun times there, as usual for enchantment.

IMG_5742_zps22a129aa.jpg

IMG_5741_zpsc441dfad.jpg

IMG_5740_zpsce94c61a.jpg

Its Sail A Way party time! This is one of my favorite events on this cruise, everyone is out on the pool deck, captains blowing the horn and the drinks are flowing. They played the usual line dancing songs and I might have joined in! I met some friends at the bar from CC Who recognized me, I suppose because of my camera.

IMG_5736_zpsed5e2577.jpg

IMG_5769_zps570e3451.jpg

Hi CC friends!

I'm back form being royally enchanted again on the beautiful Enchantment Of The Seas. This was a 3 day cruise sailing on December 5th, visiting Nassau & Coco Cay. I went on this cruise solo, just so I can get those double C&A points! Kidding, I try to take 2-3 solo cruises a year, for me time. I'm pretty weird I suppose, but I love spending quality "me" time and why not on a cruise.

For those of you who haven't read my past reviews on the enchantment from earlier this. Year they can be found below. I'm going to try very hard to include new information, so I'm not just repeating myself this go around.

Jan: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1980397

June: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2059380

Oct: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2112626

I must say each one gets better, so maybe start bottom up!

IMG_2633_zpsee059459.jpg

Great pic of the ship. I am stealing it lol. I like to take pics of each ship that tenders and I blow them up to 8x10 and put them all on the wall. Makes a nice collection. I have several of this ship but this may be a good one to add

Edited by OTownNick

Great pic of the ship. I am stealing it lol. I like to take pics of each ship that tenders and I blow them up to 8x10 and put them all on the wall. Makes a nice collection. I have several of this ship but this may be a good one to add

Here is one more for you!!! I need to start doing that.

IMG_2635_zpsed696658.jpg

A little after six things started to calm down and I decided to head back to the cabin to shower up for dinner. You hear it right, no nap here! But I do want to point out one thing, if you have followed my timeline so far you will notice I've spent all of 30mins in the room and that's it. This is why I can't spend more on a cabin.

IMG_5745_zpsb6782de0.jpg

IMG_5775_zpsb0fa1914.jpg