Weather

wendyp247

This is our first cruise to Hawaii. We need packing help. What type of weather should we expect on the sea days going and leaving Hawaii? What type of clothing is needed? Shorts? Light sweater? I know it's usually it's on the cool side on the ship's venues but what type of weather should we expect ? It looks like the weather in Hawaii is usually in the low 80s during the day and 70s at night . We are leaving next week. Thanks Wendy

Assume you mean you are sailing from the West Coast to Hawaii and back?

A little reading on the board would reveal that as you depart the West Coast it is usually cool (50s) and can be a bit rough. As you get closer to Hawaii it warms, and the seas calm, generally.

Going back to the West Coast is the process in reverse. Warmer and calmer leaving Hawaii, cooler, and possibly rougher as you approach the West Coast.

Assume you mean you are sailing from the West Coast to Hawaii and back?

A little reading on the board would reveal that as you depart the West Coast it is usually cool (50s) and can be a bit rough. As you get closer to Hawaii it warms, and the seas calm, generally.

Going back to the West Coast is the process in reverse. Warmer and calmer leaving Hawaii, cooler, and possibly rougher as you approach the West Coast.

Yes leaving from Los Angles. I'm looking for info on what weather to expect during sea days to and from Hawaii. I can access weather on LA and Hawaii on weather sites but wanted to know more specifics of sea day weather so I can pack accordingly thanks Wendy

Edited by wendyp247

Yes leaving from Los Angles. I'm looking for info on what weather to expect during sea days to and from Hawaii. I can access weather on LA and Hawaii on weather sites but wanted to know more specifics of sea day weather so I can pack accordingly thanks Wendy

No one will be able to predict that. Weather in LA will reflect weather for the first day or two on the ship, except cooler.

Edited by CruiserBruce