Anyone ever use Papa Boat Tour/Dolphin Dive Adventures

fedexretiree

We will be in St. Lucia and want to know if anyone has ever used Papa Boat Tours/ Dolphin Dive Adventures. Instead of going to Jalousie Papa goes to Anse Chastanet beach and I would like to know if this is a good beach as well. This company has good reviews from the Trip Advisor site but I always like to hear from this board as well before booking.

I have used Ambrose tours before and was happy with them but from what I understand now the chairs at Jalousie are really scarce or not available at all.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide

We will be in St. Lucia and want to know if anyone has ever used Papa Boat Tours/ Dolphin Dive Adventures. Instead of going to Jalousie Papa goes to Anse Chastanet beach and I would like to know if this is a good beach as well. This company has good reviews from the Trip Advisor site but I always like to hear from this board as well before booking.

I have used Ambrose tours before and was happy with them but from what I understand now the chairs at Jalousie are really scarce or not available at all.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide

Some reviews and info, moat recent from last late spring. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1814520&highlight=papa+boat+tours&page=2

Anse Chastenet is Beautiful, although no views of the Pitons from beach or Ocean unless you swim out past the peninsula. There can sometimes be rough currents in the bay area, in which case no snorkeling. Great reef along the cliff wall.

Jalousie Beach still has the free chair section with palapas, restrooms, etc. While not a huge area, usually plenty of chairs, especially for those who get there early, such as Spencer's Beach Break tour. However if you've been there, always nice to try somewhere new!

If snorkeling is your thing, also check out Mystic Man's eco-snorkel tour. Great company, several snorkel spots, etc.

Enjoy your visit.

Edited by reedprincess

Some reviews and info, moat recent from last late spring. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1814520&highlight=papa+boat+tours&page=2

Anse Chastenet is Beautiful, although no views of the Pitons from beach or Ocean unless you swim out past the peninsula. There can sometimes be rough currents in the bay area, in which case no snorkeling. Great reef along the cliff wall.

Jalousie Beach still has the free chair section with palapas, restrooms, etc. While not a huge area, usually plenty of chairs, especially for those who get there early, such as Spencer's Beach Break tour. However if you've been there, always nice to try somewhere new!

If snorkeling is your thing, also check out Mystic Man's eco-snorkel tour. Great company, several snorkel spots, etc.

Enjoy your visit.

Thank you ReedPrincess for your reply. THANKS for the link to the reviews on this board. I know this is probably a stupid question but how often are the currents bad around Anse Chastenet? Is it more protected at Jalousie?? I looked at Eco Tour that Mystic Man has and it says that he snorkels at Soufriere Marine Reserve, would that be the same place as Jalousie??

Thank you ReedPrincess for your reply. THANKS for the link to the reviews on this board. I know this is probably a stupid question but how often are the currents bad around Anse Chastenet? Is it more protected at Jalousie?? I looked at Eco Tour that Mystic Man has and it says that he snorkels at Soufriere Marine Reserve, would that be the same place as Jalousie??

No predicting when currents may be bad. If there's a major storm out to sea it can be bad, etc. Jalousie Beach is much more protected as it's a much deeper Bay. The Soufriere Marine Reserve covers the whole reef system that starts basically at Anse Cochon aka Ti Kaye and extends south past Gros Piton and into Choisel. Mystic Man's tour often has one-two snorkel stops, depending on the sea conditions when they go north to pick up the cruise guests. It could be Anse Chastenet or Jalousie or Anse Cochon or a combo, or another area in between. As they are based in Soufriere, they sail north to pick up guests and can make a determination on which areas will be best for snorkeling that day. Very often it's Anse Chastenet...