Virgin Gorda Baths and young children

thehams

My husband and our 5yr old will be on the Escape in July and I've been looking at things to do while in Tortola. After researching a number of spots, the Baths at Virgin Gorda looks pretty awesome. But I wanted to get your opinion on going there with a 5yr old? Are there any toy rentals on the beach or at least toys for the sand? Can a 5yr old and a 6'3" man walk easily through the caves? And are there restrooms?

CGB seems great because of everything they have to offer, but I don't want to go to a super crowded beach.

We tend to book excursions outside of the cruise, does anyone have experience with booking this excursion outside of the cruise? It looks like a ferry ride and then a taxi ride. I always get a little nervous getting back in time, but it's so much cheaper going on your own.

How crowded are the Baths compared to CGB?

Please share your experience of the Baths (caves too) with your younger children.

Edited by thehams

To go to the Baths other than through the cruise line you would go on your own. Very easy, ferry and taxi and the cost for adults is about $38pp. Or you can take a daysail like Patouche dot com if your port times allow.

You can find tons of info on the Baths, ideas with tots, and on other beaches on Tortola here on this forum.

Thanks, I did find out a lot more info, BUT I haven't seen any posts about taking younger children to the Baths. He is 5, so he walks well, but I'm not sure if the terrain is something a 5yr old can do. I've read a lot of mixed reviews, from it's really not bad to pretty difficult.

We went a few months ago and had two 8 year olds with us.

You can read my review on it, located in my signature line, and it has TONS of pictures in it. You will be able to see for yourself if it's the place that would be appropriate for your family. :)