Private tour to Schoolhouse?

mrsfuzzmo

So, my husband and I just returned from a week in Punta Cana. We did a jungle tour which stopped at a schoolhouse, and we wished we would have known that you can donate school supplies to these schools that have basically nothing.

Since we have a cruise scheduled with a stop in LaRomana and were not too excited about this port, we've decided that we would find someone to take us to a school and we would pack a suitcase full of supplies.

Does anyone have any experience with this, or recommendations for a tour or private guide there?

We are going to be on the Breeze sailing on June 5th and will be stopping at this port. We'd be interested in doing something like this too. If anyone finds something like this, please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I ask a question? Why aren't you excited about La Romana? What is there to do there and is it too far to go to Punta Cana for the day. We are thinking of doing an all inclusive there soon and wanted to check the area out.

• 5 weeks later...
Can I ask a question? Why aren't you excited about La Romana? What is there to do there and is it too far to go to Punta Cana for the day. We are thinking of doing an all inclusive there soon and wanted to check the area out.

I guess because we've done DR a number of time that we like to try different ports, that's all. We stay at all-inclusives a few times a year, so when we cruise we look for fun adventurous things to do in the ports.

It's a good hour or more to Punta Cana. I wouldn't try to go to Punta Cana on a port day in LaRomana. I'm sure it can be done, but I would NOT want to be stuck on the highway as my ship sails away.

• 1 month later...

Check out packingwithapurpose.org. There are places on every island and all over the world that work with this company to deliver school supplies and everyday living items to school and orphanages. We are on the Breaze leaving this SAT. Can't wait!! We will be doing this is Curacao!!