2015 Brides!

Welcome to all the new ladies and gents!

Quick update from my end of things:

Last time we checked we could not get a photographer on the ship if an actual wedding group wasn't booked. We were pretty upset by this.....I reached out to John Heald on fb and for those of you who don't know who he is, find out! He's amazing and can do many things. He is lining up a photographer for us. Thank goodness! We are starting to see the finish line. Literally everything is booked and almost all paid for. Now we are just finishing up the little touches to make sure everything is right and perfect. The weather here is getting beautiful 65 degrees! But we still cannot wait to celebrate our day on the beach with my best friend soon to be husband (weird to say! Lol)

We leave in 28 days! Ahhhhh!

Hello, hello, hello! Trying to play catch up today! Welcome to all of the newcomers!

AAAhhh 31 days!

You must be getting more and more excited by the minute!!! :D

Hello everyone!! I have been very quiet the past few weeks because of my very long move from Boston to Orlando! But, I am finally sort of settled to where I can say hello!!

Wedding stuff is still slowly going.. Getting RSVPs in slowly but already have an idea of who is going to be there.

I have my wedding dress in my closet, It fit perfectly a couple of weeks ago. Im going to try it on again in a couple of weeks to make sure I haven't fluctuated in size.

Hubby has yet to get his suit, he is such a procrastinator. We are going next week and not leaving without it. Luckily, it's not something that (I hope) will need to be altered. I also am looking for outfits for my boys too. I work next to a mall, I think I'm going to go before work and try to get things.

I'm now just looking for the little things... Jewelry, accessories, clothes for the trip!! I can't believe I am at the 1 month mark!!

Glad your move went well! I'm in the same boat, just looking for small things...and the suits - I am positive we will be in Miami before Troy gets a suit. *sigh* Besides underwear and socks I don't think Troy has bought one new article of clothing the 3 years we have been together. He has never even been to the mall in that period of time, so getting him there is like pulling teeth. I keep mentioning it and he keeps pushing it off. I can't remember who it was that used ice cream as a bribe but I'm sure that is the only way I will get him to go shopping.

I am also down to needing my bouquet and a belt/applique for my dress. I feel like I have looked at (literally) hundreds of each of those items over the past 2 weeks. The appliqué they put on when I tried on my dress was $400 - No. Thank. You. I have found a couple that I do like but I'm so skeptical about purchasing one without seeing it on my dress. And, I have found one bouquet that I love....but it's $80 and I'm so cheap. My MOH has offered to make me the same bouquet (so awesome of her) but I've been having a hard time even locating the flowers at a reasonable price.

There are days where I want to just buy everything else I need and just be done with it.

I wouldn't feel bad, either. It's not as if you forced her to be pregnant. Wow, you were originally covering the travel costs? I feel like such a bad bride. I'm not covering anything for anyone. I got a group booking rate for a hotel for the night before the cruise, but that's about it.

Well we had a budget for the wedding when we planned to have it here, and we figured that the wedding itself (in Key West) is costing us so little that we would cover the cost of the cruise for the wedding party. It's just our way of saying thank you for traveling and being with us.

I am surprised too at the number of people who are attending the wedding! We are at 35 guests sailing. Four are driving to Key West, from NY, and I have one friend who lives the next key up who will also be attending. I think that our wedding gives a lot of our friends an excuse to go on vacation, which is awesome for both them and us.

On a new front, I heard that Troy's sister has offered to "sell" their room to his cousin who hasn't booked yet. I explained to his aunt that it doesn't work like that...then I went off the handle again because she doesn't have anything to sell - I paid the deposit, not her. UGH - I'm going to have so much grey hair before this trip actually get under way. LOL

Glad your move went well! I'm in the same boat, just looking for small things...and the suits - I am positive we will be in Miami before Troy gets a suit. *sigh* Besides underwear and socks I don't think Troy has bought one new article of clothing the 3 years we have been together. He has never even been to the mall in that period of time, so getting him there is like pulling teeth. I keep mentioning it and he keeps pushing it off. I can't remember who it was that used ice cream as a bribe but I'm sure that is the only way I will get him to go shopping.

I completely understand. My biggest issue is my DF is still in Boston. He will literally be here only 4 days before we have to hop on a plane and go to Puerto Rico. Thankfully we have a couple days in PR before cruise so god forbid any last minute shopping that has to be done, we can do it there. It's still very nerve racking though..

Hello all. I can't believe that getting married in 4 days! It's been a long but exciting journey and I'm looking forward to how everything comes together, as it is officially out of my hands. I will try to post some pics after the cruise, and hopefully I can answer more questions when everything's done.

Hello all. I can't believe that getting married in 4 days! It's been a long but exciting journey and I'm looking forward to how everything comes together, as it is officially out of my hands. I will try to post some pics after the cruise, and hopefully I can answer more questions when everything's done.

Have an amazing time! Good luck and let us know how everything went! :)

Omg! I'd be super hyped and anxious.

Mine isn't until November, and I'm already just ready to burst.

I have a question. Does everyone have to be there at 9:30 IN the morning or are they just trying to be cautious. I just feel like that is so early for everyone attending the wedding to be there dressed and ready. What will they be doing that whole time waiting? :confused:

Search: Cruise Door Decorations it is sooooo cute! I don't want a tacky huge one but I like the idea of being able to have people sign and send good wishes.

That's such a great idea! I never thought about making our door into a place for people to sign and leave messages. Although we have an aft balcony, so I'm not sure how many people would walk down that way (unless they have a room there), but still an awesome idea - I am def working this in!! [emoji106]

That's such a great idea! I never thought about making our door into a place for people to sign and leave messages. Although we have an aft balcony, so I'm not sure how many people would walk down that way (unless they have a room there), but still an awesome idea - I am def working this in!! [emoji106]

We have an aft view as well but I'm hoping at least just a few people will sign it! I'm just going to use posterboard and a small chalkboard nothing too crazy.

Is anyone Instagraming/hashtaging/other sharing app thinner-ing? :-D I feel that with the number of smart phones that will be at the wedding that it would be easiest to look into one of these new apps that allows people to share with each other.....anyone researched this at all? Plan on using one? Anyone have ever used one? I'm looking into it right now and will let you know what I find if anyone is interested.

On a positive front - a groomsman asked us about the attire this week and I said, that's all Troy. Troy said that on my next weekend off we would go to Syracuse and get that squared away. Well, hmmmm this weekend I happen to be off. So, we will see if he sticks with it. I just thought too that while I have him out and in shopping mode we should probably look at wedding bands. Exciting, much! :-)

Is anyone Instagraming/hashtaging/other sharing app thinner-ing? :-D I feel that with the number of smart phones that will be at the wedding that it would be easiest to look into one of these new apps that allows people to share with each other.....anyone researched this at all? Plan on using one? Anyone have ever used one? I'm looking into it right now and will let you know what I find if anyone is interested.

On a positive front - a groomsman asked us about the attire this week and I said, that's all Troy. Troy said that on my next weekend off we would go to Syracuse and get that squared away. Well, hmmmm this weekend I happen to be off. So, we will see if he sticks with it. I just thought too that while I have him out and in shopping mode we should probably look at wedding bands. Exciting, much! :-)

I am planning to use Webpics which is a very easy app :)

I am planning to use Webpics which is a very easy app :)

I downloaded WedPics and uploaded the photos from our engagement party just to see how it works and I really like it!! Def the app I'm using and would recommend!!

Holy cow.... I leave in 2 weeks and 1 day! Woah!

The only dilemma I've faced lately.....

I went in to get my dress final fitted and my tailor yelled at me (not meanly lol) she said I lost too much weight and can't lose any more because my dress won't fit and she won't have time to fix it! Eeek....33 pounds down. Can't freaking believe it.

AAHHH I'm getting married soon!!!

Welcome Chocuta!

Today I have an overwhelming feeling of anxiety!!!

I have no clue if I'm packing enough, too much or just right.

I have no clue if I have everything in order.

I have no clue how I'm going to pull it all together in two weeks!

Where is all my fellow April brides!?!? How are you all feeling?

Omg! I'd be super hyped and anxious.

Mine isn't until November, and I'm already just ready to burst.

I'm getting married on Carnival Freedom October 10, 2015 out of galveston as well! I'm so excited and so nervous about everything running smoothly! Are you staying at any hotels the night before? We are staying at the Tremont House. It's the closest hotel to the pier to the ports. I also saw someone ask about hair and make up for the wedding day in galveston and I am getting mine done at the galvez at 7 in the morning. They charge extra to open early but I'm thinking it will be totally worth it!

Oh, these threads are helping me so much!!