New Blog Post: Eat Like a Local in Turkey

BBMacLaird

The inspiration for this week’s ‘AZ the World Turns’ blog was a quote in the May AFAR Magazine...“As with most of my travel memories, those from my Turkey trip are entwined with what I ate and drank there, and with the meals shared by friends old and new.” Read my latest blog post under "AZ the World Turns" and you'll want to be eating in Turkey too! http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/connect-share/blog/eat-like-local-turkey/

What a nice article! I agree with you about the hospitality of the Turkish people. And the food!!! I will never forget the afternoon meal we had in Kusadasi at the port last October. A whole roasted fish and an assortment of appetizers and vegetables, all beautifully garnished and presented. It was beyond delicious. The thing is, my daughter treated us to that meal so we don't even have a receipt and I haven't a clue as to what the name of the restaurant was. So you know what that means, don't you? Another cruise to Turkey is in order. It's the only way to ensure that there's an Act Two to our memorable meal. ;)

After our Azamara cruise to the Black Sea in August 2013,we enjoyed a few days in Istanbul.

Our most memorable meal was lunch at an upscale restaurant called Asitane.

The shaded garden was the perfect place to try the classic ottoman cuisine .

Sent from my iPad using Forums