St. Kitts Dolphin Push, Pull and Swim

jking325y

Not in St Kitts, but we did a Celebrity excursion in Grand Cayman - Dolphin push/pull. It was perhaps one of the best things we have ever done. Spent about an hour in the water with the dolphins, they pushed you on a bogie board, and pulled you while you were holding onto their fins. Everything was wonderful - have fun!

• 2 months later...

We did the Royal swim while in Cozumel and it was so AWESOME we are going to do it again when we travel to St Kitts in Jan!

Do not book before calling them and or chatting with them on the website, ask for discounts and you might be surprised on how affordable it is, GOOD LUCK!

We did the Royal swim while in Cozumel and it was so AWESOME we are going to do it again when we travel to St Kitts in Jan!

Do not book before calling them and or chatting with them on the website, ask for discounts and you might be surprised on how affordable it is, GOOD LUCK!

I just called yesterday for our July cruise, the discount was great. They charged for the encounter and upgraded us to the swim. Helped a lot with the cost!

I just called yesterday for our July cruise, the discount was great. They charged for the encounter and upgraded us to the swim. Helped a lot with the cost!

We are looking at booking this during our stop in St.Kitts next year. Can you report back on your experience. We are also looking at the dolphin swim in Nassau at Blue Lagoon and trying to determine which would be better.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I will caution with royal swim is to be very mind full of their cancellation policy and specifically in the case of inclimate weather, not making port or other things out of your control; even including issues in their end: You do not get a refund. You get a certificate for another encounter at any of their facilities good for a year.

It sounds like a good experience but since we are cruising in early August, the awful refund policy turned us off.

Can someone who has been on this excursion tell me how much I should expect to spend on their pictures?

The picture prices are absolutely insane. $35 a picture or (we had four people do the encounter) something crazy like $200 for all the pictures they took of our family. Now they do just snap away during your time with the dolphin, so there were a lot of pictures, but who needs 15 pictures of each thing you did? We wanted one picture of each of us and it would have been over $125.

I was sad, but we didn't buy a single picture. I just couldn't rationalize that kind of price gouging.

One thing I will caution with royal swim is to be very mind full of their cancellation policy and specifically in the case of inclimate weather, not making port or other things out of your control; even including issues in their end: You do not get a refund. You get a certificate for another encounter at any of their facilities good for a year.

It sounds like a good experience but since we are cruising in early August, the awful refund policy turned us off.

That's not entirely correct. You can get a certificate for full value good for up to 1 year or a refund minus a 10% cancelation if your ship does not make it to port. This is on their website under the FAQs and I asked in the live chat.

Can someone who has been on this excursion tell me how much I should expect to spend on their pictures?

We just did the swim on Wednesday. There was 4 of us in our group. They took 110 pictures. You can buy a CD with all the pics for $175. It is crazy. If you want a printed copy it is $35 a print. Prices are crazy but they do take good pics.

We are looking at booking this during our stop in St.Kitts next year. Can you report back on your experience. We are also looking at the dolphin swim in Nassau at Blue Lagoon and trying to determine which would be better.

The kids loved the swim. We did the adventure swim. They were very good with the kids. Everything ran on time. Pic prices are crazy.

• 10 months later...

Who did you call to get the discount? Dolphin Discovery? We are headed there in a week & a half and plan on doing the dolphin swim. Was it great when you went last July? Thanks!

We went in January and it was absolutely amazing. Best thing I've ever done.

You can find pricing and discounts at Dolphin Discovery. (I tried to link it but it blocks the link)

I would highly recommend booking in advance. They always have discounts available on their website. It was offered through the ship and they had 30 people in that swim time but I booked it separately and we had 4 people. Make sure you don't put that you're on a cruise since they will tell you to book with the ship.

Edited by Kristalght

Sounds awesome. Was wondering how far from the port is the Dolphin Discovery and about how much was the cab? Thanks!

I think it was $20 round trip. It's about 15 min from the pier and there are tons of cabs who can take you. I would highly recommend contacting Beulah at Welcome Tours. We did an afternoon tour with her and it was awesome. St Kitts was by far my favorite island that I've been to now.

I think it was $20 round trip. It's about 15 min from the pier and there are tons of cabs who can take you. I would highly recommend contacting Beulah at Welcome Tours. We did an afternoon tour with her and it was awesome. St Kitts was by far my favorite island that I've been to now.

Sorry to hijack the thread but when you booked through Welcome Tours did it include transportation from the ship? I checked out their website and I didn't see any mention of it

• 3 weeks later...
Who did you call to get the discount? Dolphin Discovery? We are headed there in a week & a half and plan on doing the dolphin swim. Was it great when you went last July? Thanks!

I called Dolphin Discovery. It was great. One of the kids favorite things we ha e done. Photos very expensive but we had to buy a few.

• 5 months later...

This will be my first cruise and am going with my sister who have been trying to get me to go for years. She is animate that all excursions are done thru the cruise line but I am seeing that most book the dolphins excursions thru the individual company's, which is the best way to go?

I get why people stick with booking through the cruise, just most gaurantee of your money and such. Kinda depends on the risk/gamble you would like to take.

I checked out the Dophin Discovery site for St. Kitts on Friday night the 2nd of December and they had a big banner that said "50% off today only!" I then wondered if they always have that there or it really was a special, I left for an appt. and then kinda forgot about for a few days. When I did go back on there, the special was gone! :( sad day - regrets for me!! Well I waited a few more days and then when I logged on they had a advance booking special that I got 27% off if I booked more than 27 days in advance. So I went ahead and booked (with 29 days advance). So I saved $80 at least, but could have saved $140 if I did the first night I looked it up!

I did get an email the next day that the time slot that I signed up for was no longer available and they bumped me from noon to 11 am. I replied and said that concerned me, becuase our ship was in port from 10-6 and it says to arrive 1/2 before time slot. so giving me 1/2 hour to disembark and get there was cutting it too close. She then replied and said that 2 or 3 in the afternoon would also work and told me to reply with my preference. I then told her, we would take the 2, and she confirmed and sent me an updated confirmation.

I have read that a short taxi from the port, so should have plenty time to get there and back.