Anyone ever been to St. Kitts?

Allensfan

Been there 3 times, done something different every time.

Easy to take a taxi down to South Friar's beach, with upscale Carambola at the north end and several informal places down south, or all the way to the end of the peninsula at Cockleshell. In addition to all of the other suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

The fort is pretty far away and way up a hill. Definitely not a good walk. I think the towns are small and mostly far, but you can get to one really near the pier and just outside the cruise bubble.

Tom

How far is the fortress from the pier? Is it walkable? Is there a "town" to walk around or just the touristy port area? Thanks!

We're doing a food and city tour in October on our first part of our back to back. Most of 0ur ports are very beachy so we want to try something different

We will be in St. Kitts the first week in November. This will be our 3rd time there. We have seen the fort and Romney Manner, along with taking a Caribbean cooking class. We are looking for something a bit different.

Could you give me some info on the Food and City Tour? Is this a private vendor or thru your cruiseline? Approximate cost?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

We will be in St. Kitts the first week in November. This will be our 3rd time there. We have seen the fort and Romney Manner, along with taking a Caribbean cooking class. We are looking for something a bit different.

Could you give me some info on the Food and City Tour? Is this a private vendor or thru your cruiseline? Approximate cost?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

We found out about this through our driver we had last time in St Kitts, he was awesome and wanted to use him again. He started a tour company called A Taste of St Kitts. He's a real foodie and figured people always want good local food but have no idea where to eat when in port.

The cost is reasonable $60 per person for 4 restaurants and a tour.

We found out about this through our driver we had last time in St Kitts, he was awesome and wanted to use him again. He started a tour company called A Taste of St Kitts. He's a real foodie and figured people always want good local food but have no idea where to eat when in port.

The cost is reasonable $60 per person for 4 restaurants and a tour.

Thank you! I will definitely check that out.:)

• 4 weeks later...
I read somewhere that there was a beautiful place to take pictures at one particular place on the island? Can anyone tell me where that is.

We go there in January on Celebrity Silhoutte and want to just take a leisurely excursion and take some nice pictures.

The one place that seems to be always mentioned is Timothy Hill on the south peninsula. You can see the Caribbean and Atlantic on either side of the peninsula.

But, most of the Caribbean islands have any number of photo ops. St Kitts is no exception.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone give any good ideas in port for a family with a 4 1/2 year old? We are doing Labadee and San Juan right before arriving. No high impact or adventure excursions. We are willing to use private reservations and ones with our ship but would like personal experience info if possible.

We are thinking of booking Oasis for next year and the new stop will be St. Kitts.

I don't know anything about this new stop. Anyone have something to share?

Thanks

We love their beaches