Fantasy from Mobile

Purvis1231

Following ... we didn't get FFtF because when we got it in PE the staggered checking made everything smoother and our friends where on the boat about 20 min after we where... I hope they start enforcing this! They where really strict in PE but it made it less chaotic!

We are sailing Dec 26 and also have FTTF. I hope they fix this, let me know how it goes Saturday please:confused:

I sent an e-mail yesterday to Carnival Support about the comments on CC that the port workers are not enforcing staggered check-in in Mobile.

I was on the Fantasy cruise which left November 19th. The biggest problem was that there were not enough porters and they were not starting with the vehicles lined up at the front. It was closer for them to simply walk to the cars in the back. We had to pester the Port Authority officer to get someone to come take our luggage.

Actually, they did board the ship in the appropriate order...starting with Diamond/Platinum and then moving on to Faster to the Fun.

All-in-all, being that it was only the third sailing since the ship moved to Mobile, it wasn't that bad. It certainly was no worse than expected.

Also, there is a way to go online and pay for parking early. All you need is your license plate number and credit card. http://www.shipmobile.com/

Good luck!

Brad

I was on the Fantasy cruise which left November 19th. The biggest problem was that there were not enough porters and they were not starting with the vehicles lined up at the front. It was closer for them to simply walk to the cars in the back. We had to pester the Port Authority officer to get someone to come take our luggage.

Actually, they did board the ship in the appropriate order...starting with Diamond/Platinum and then moving on to Faster to the Fun.

All-in-all, being that it was only the third sailing since the ship moved to Mobile, it wasn't that bad. It certainly was no worse than expected.

Also, there is a way to go online and pay for parking early. All you need is your license plate number and credit card. http://www.shipmobile.com/

Good luck!

Brad

The concern is not about boarding the ship but about the enforcement of staggered check-in.

Excuse me? I was simply addressing the person who stated that they also had FTTF and hoped that they fixed things. I also provided some other useful information. There was no need to correct me.

I wasn't trying to correct you. Just wanted to know your experience with staggered check-in.

Thanks so much for this. We were just talking about sailing this ship in the Summer and came on here looking for reviews. So the sailings just started out of Mobile? Was there another Carnival ship there before, or is this the first since they started out of Mobile again?

I just looked over the deck plans and have a few questions if you don't mind.

Does this ship have the Comedy Club? It is listed that the Fantasy has it, but I didn't see it on the deck plans.

Also, we have limited experience with sailing, and have only done NCL and RCCL. We did My time dining (or whatever it was called on the line) but made reservations in advance, mainly because the seating times didn't work for us. Do you know the early/late times with Carnival? If you opt for the my time (or whatever the name), can you make reservations in advance (like before sailing)?

Thanks!

Thanks so much for this. We were just talking about sailing this ship in the Summer and came on here looking for reviews. So the sailings just started out of Mobile? Was there another Carnival ship there before, or is this the first since they started out of Mobile again?

I just looked over the deck plans and have a few questions if you don't mind.

Does this ship have the Comedy Club? It is listed that the Fantasy has it, but I didn't see it on the deck plans.

Also, we have limited experience with sailing, and have only done NCL and RCCL. We did My time dining (or whatever it was called on the line) but made reservations in advance, mainly because the seating times didn't work for us. Do you know the early/late times with Carnival? If you opt for the my time (or whatever the name), can you make reservations in advance (like before sailing)?

Thanks!

The comedy club will be in the aft lounge on Promenade, it will host other activities on non comedy club nights.

Early dining is at 6:00, late dining is at 8:15. No reservations for YTD, just show up when you are ready to eat 5:45-9:30. You may have to wait for a table.

Sent from my iPad using Forums