Volendam main dining room question

ren0312

Hi, I want to ask, how is the food quality on board the Volendam's main dining room and buffet area? Any particular food items or secret/special items on the main dining room's menu you people here may recommend?

Hi, I want to ask, how is the food quality on board the Volendam's main dining room and buffet area? Any particular food items or secret/special items on the main dining room's menu you people here may recommend?

I would ask this on the Holland America forum. That forum would have more folks with HAL experience to offer their opinions.

Missed this question if you asked it on HAL board.

I don't believe HAL's food varies much (other than some regional stuff they did on the Lido deck in the Mediterranean! that was fun!).

The onion soup that is on the MDR menu every night is actually quite good. The steak that is the other "always available" selection can be OK or dry & tough! I would try to find something else that appeals to you!

There is always a cobbler/fruit-tart/crumble (can't remember what they call it) -- if made with berries, stone fruit (cherry, peach, etc), or pomme fruit (apple, pear) it is good. Made with banana or other tropical fruit, I stay away! The sugarfree desserts I've tried were not worth the effort in eating.

As for the Lido: The dinner(s) of the night on the carvery have enough variety there's always been enough to fill us up. The desserts are generally not appealing to me; however, the cookies and ice cream are always good!