ATM's

fletch5727

I believe I read in one post that there are ATMs in town. We will be there on Christmas Eve. Are the ATMs the type that are on the outside of buildings, or the inside of the banks? In short, will we have access to the ATMs on Christmas eve? If not, I will plan on getting euros ahead of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe I read in one post that there are ATMs in town. We will be there on Christmas Eve. Are the ATMs the type that are on the outside of buildings, or the inside of the banks? In short, will we have access to the ATMs on Christmas eve? If not, I will plan on getting euros ahead of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Crédit Mutuel, happens to be my French bank, albeit my home branch is in Metropolitan France, has a branch at:

8 Avenue Jean Jaures in Fort de France which has four 'guichet automatique'.

Based on my knowledge of Crédit Mutuel banks in Metropolitan France, I would expect that one of these will probably be accessible directly from the street, but in any case, the other three will be located in a foyer behind a door which will open automatically as you walk up to it.

Also, when your put you card in, the machine will almost certainly recognise it as a foreign card and will ask you if you wish to continue in English or French.

Having said that, why waste time seeking out Avenue Jean Jaures?

We are visiting four days after you and I will arrive with euros in my pocket just to save the hassle of finding the branch. If you are flying to meet your cruise, why not check out to see if there is a Travelex kiosk at either your departure or arrival airport.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

• 2 weeks later...

Just our experience....Travelex kisosks in the airport charge fee upon fee to convert money. I suggest that you do exchange your money before arriving in Martinique....but at a currency exchange at home.....you will be saving alot of money....and not have to waste time looking for a foreign ATM in Martinique.