Greenbrier Hotel

I'd throw Tripadvisor into the mix as well in terms of checking out opinions on any hotels - though always take a grain of salt along with 'one-review-wonders' and 'collected in partnership with the property' reviews. Living downtown I've stayed in very, very few hotels here, but I'd suggest that for the price the Greenbrier is charging (I plugged some random 2-night stays in cruise season into Expedia and got rates of $155-$170 a room per night) it is somewhat lacking in amenities compared to others costing similar amounts - and no elevator!?

Unless you plan to spend all your time in the park or on a beach, a location nearer the east end of downtown will put more sites within an easy walk for you - Gastown, Chinatown, Yaletown as well as downtown shops. For anyone looking for bare-bones but safe, clean, practical I always recommend the YWCA hotel - very hard to beat their pricing without bidding blind on a hotel, and the location is very convenient. With elevators and also full-size communal kitchens, so you can easily save a few extra bucks by making even full meals on-site if you wish.

I'd throw Tripadvisor into the mix as well in terms of checking out opinions on any hotels - though always take a grain of salt along with 'one-review-wonders' and 'collected in partnership with the property' reviews. Living downtown I've stayed in very, very few hotels here, but I'd suggest that for the price the Greenbrier is charging (I plugged some random 2-night stays in cruise season into Expedia and got rates of $155-$170 a room per night) it is somewhat lacking in amenities compared to others costing similar amounts - and no elevator!?

Unless you plan to spend all your time in the park or on a beach, a location nearer the east end of downtown will put more sites within an easy walk for you - Gastown, Chinatown, Yaletown as well as downtown shops. For anyone looking for bare-bones but safe, clean, practical I always recommend the YWCA hotel - very hard to beat their pricing without bidding blind on a hotel, and the location is very convenient. With elevators and also full-size communal kitchens, so you can easily save a few extra bucks by making even full meals on-site if you wish.

Thank you. Did book for $104.00 per night plus another 15% off with free cancelation. We have something booked with the option to change. :)