HAL Y2C Yukon/Denali Cruise Tour - Air North flight from Dawson City to Fairbanks

hbgroadends

For those of you who have done an Alaskan cruisetour with HAL, how did your ticketing for the flight from Dawson City to Fairbanks work? Being a bit anal retentive, I took the reservation number provided in my edocs to search for the reservation, but Air North didn't have anything under that number. I did check with HAL's Flight Ease, and they had the reservation but no tickets have been issued yet.

I assume that the tickets will be generated probably a week or so before the trip begins and we will be receiving the tickets from our land tour guide. Am I correct in my assumptions, or should I keep checking to see if the tickets are generated?

Thanks for any insight on this. :)

My wife and I flew from Fairbanks to Dawson on May 29 (Memorial Day) as part of our Y2L itinerary, and were told it was a charter for HAL. We had no docs beforehand, and the Air North ticket counter staff had a list of our names when our group got there. All we did was show them our passports and we got our boarding passes. I don't think we had reserved seats, and the cabin crew asked that everyone sit as much to the rear of the plane as possible.

Hope this helps, enjoy your flight: the scenery was gorgeous.

By the way, I forgot to mention one important thing: both the Air North web site and HAL's "2017 Alaska Land+Sea Journey" tips doc (p6) say that there is a limit for number of pieces of luggage (2) and total weight (Air North 44 lbs, HAL 50 lbs), plus one carry-one of no more than 13 lbs. Our Journey Host said that because it was a charter flight, HAL would cover any overweight costs (Air North says it charges $1/lb for this).

It was a great relief to learn this, even though we were already in Alaska when we did.

Good luck!

Contrary to what it says in all the docs, there was no overweight cost last month - and our rep told us so when we were there. However, I suggest you don't accept that for your particular flight, unless you are told so - and don't overdo it!!

There weren't any tickets sent out. The tour guide led us to the proper window where we received our boarding pass. It's part of the price you paid. The neat thing about it was our group of 28 had the whole 737 to ourselves. It was a nice flight.

Contrary to what it says in all the docs, there was no overweight cost last month - and our rep told us so when we were there. However, I suggest you don't accept that for your particular flight, unless you are told so - and don't overdo it!!

We sweated the weight problem beforehand, and weren't able to get a straight answer from HAL in advance (and I tried twice). We were much relieved with the solution once we were there.

Also, despite in-advance info to the contrary, we weren't able to send one any luggage ahead of us to the ship, so had to take that with us on land as well.

HAL needs to correct this info discrepancy.

Good luck!