Upgrade closest to sailing? Oasis

We are sailing on the Oasis leaving this weekend---we booked a guarantee. There are still several balcony and oceanview rooms available....will they upgrade people or just try to offer a paid upgrade at the pier? Any experience with this? I know I probably have my hopes up for nothing---but I love the anticipation of it.

We are sailing on the Oasis leaving this weekend---we booked a guarantee. There are still several balcony and oceanview rooms available....will they upgrade people or just try to offer a paid upgrade at the pier? Any experience with this? I know I probably have my hopes up for nothing---but I love the anticipation of it.

Are you able to provide more information? Did you book an inside guarantee (based on the above)? Have you already been assigned a specific cabin?

Sorry... yes I booked an inside guarantee and was assigned a room on Saturday to a cat L- large interior stateroom. I am in the process of checking with my travel agent because I saw that there was a discount that I was available for that was lower than my booking price---the discount was for a cat D1 and D5. I know I am hoping for the nearly impossible--but I just like to dream about it anyway. ;-)

if the other cabin is the same price or less than you paid for your current one, you can switch and get that upgrade (or pay more...)...you just won't get any refund at this point..and of course your TA may charge you ..but that depends on the TA...

otherwise, slim to none as they usually won't go from inside to say, balcony (though it happens) ..BUT they have to upgrade everyone higher up on the Crown & Anchor food chain if they can.....(but they are going to try and sell the more expensive cabins..

again though, if you paid $1000 PP for your cabin...and a better one is now $900 you can move, but you won't get that $100 back....

Well, I contacted my TA---she contacted RCCL--wonderful news-- they did upgrade to me to an oceanview balcony at no extra charge due to a discount that I was eligible for. I am so excited. Now its time to finish packing and head south. Woo Hoo

well, i contacted my ta---she contacted rccl--wonderful news-- they did upgrade to me to an oceanview balcony at no extra charge due to a discount that i was eligible for. I am so excited. Now its time to finish packing and head south. Woo hoo

very exciting! Have too much fun!!!!;)

Well, I contacted my TA---she contacted RCCL--wonderful news-- they did upgrade to me to an oceanview balcony at no extra charge due to a discount that I was eligible for. I am so excited. Now its time to finish packing and head south. Woo Hoo

That's great Have a great cruise!!!!

Archived