Sharks, rays and island getaway experiences

cruiser77

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone done the Celebrity excursion Sharks, Rays and Island Getaway?

Really want to do this but not willing to pay the price for just swimming with rays, I want to experience the sharks.:) Anyone with experience?

Thanks,

Cruiser77

Sure wish someone would respond to this. I am wondering the same thing! We are on RCCL in January and I think the excursion is the same one.

Has anyone done the Celebrity excursion Sharks, Rays and Island Getaway?

Really want to do this but not willing to pay the price for just swimming with rays, I want to experience the sharks.:) Anyone with experience?

Thanks,

Cruiser77

Don't know about the excursion details. I live here in Belize. I have been to "Shark Ray ally " on a few trips. The sharks and rays are all in close proximity to each other. In most cases they will all hear the boat and be there when they hear the boats motor.

Don't know about the excursion details. I live here in Belize. I have been to "Shark Ray ally " on a few trips. The sharks and rays are all in close proximity to each other. In most cases they will all hear the boat and be there when they hear the boats motor.

Hey Wade, Thanks for the input! If you were us and only visiting for one day, what would your recommendation be? Caves, Shark Alley, River tour? We have seen caves, snorkeled/scuba, zip-lined around the world, etc. so none really hold more appeal than the others. We would like an introduction to Belize that will whet our appetite to come back for more. Your thoughts?

Edited by beachluver9

• 2 weeks later...

I booked this with RCCL (BEF1) rather than direct third party. By booking with RCCL, the excursion leaves directly from the ship rather than having to tender all the way to port and go from there. This adds 1 1/2 hrs to our day. The price difference was only $20pp, so I figured it was money well spent.

I understand that when the excursion brings you back to the ship that you will have an option to continue on to the port and tender back.

We are also interested in the sharks, rays, island getaway. Sounds fairly authentic and something different. Going in November. Hoping to hear more input from those that have done it.

If you end up doing this excursion, please post when you get back and let us know the details. We don't sail until January, so I will have plenty of time to change excursions if advised.

• 3 weeks later...

You don't say what the island portion of the excursion is? I have been to Ambergris Caye & Caye Caulker on several occasions. Have done Shark Ray Alley many times and LOVE IT! There are Sharks, Manta Ray's and lots of fish. It is an amazing experience! If you have an option of going to Ambergris Caye you will definitely return there one day! ENJOY!

Hey Wade, Thanks for the input! If you were us and only visiting for one day, what would your recommendation be? Caves, Shark Alley, River tour? We have seen caves, snorkeled/scuba, zip-lined around the world, etc. so none really hold more appeal than the others. We would like an introduction to Belize that will whet our appetite to come back for more. Your thoughts?

I found Belize on a Carnival Valor sailing. I took a water taxi to Caye Caulker for the day. Fell in love, packed up and spent a week there. Now I have been in Belize, on Ambergris Caye for six years.

I have done Lamini, Nice boat ride up the river. Sharks and rays. I think if you want to see Belize, Visit Caye Caulker or San Pedro. I also love Placencia, but the only way to reach there is a flight and the timing still is bad.

Hi Wade! So cool that you're chiming in to help us cruisers out! :-)

We will be in port on Christmas Eve day and are thinking about taking the water taxi up to Caye Caulker. Any tips you might have (snorkeling, beach, bars, holiday events?) would be truly appreciated!

Cheers!

laughingarcher

Seattle, WA, USA

• 3 months later...
If you end up doing this excursion, please post when you get back and let us know the details. We don't sail until January, so I will have plenty of time to change excursions if advised.

How did you like this excursion? Did everything go well being picked up from and dropped off at the ship?

Any info will be greatly appreciated. I'm signed up for this excursion on Feb 12 through Royal Caribbean and it seems odd that there's still no feedback about this excursion. Does anyone actually make it back from it? ;-)

How did you like this excursion? Did everything go well being picked up from and dropped off at the ship?

Any info will be greatly appreciated. I'm signed up for this excursion on Feb 12 through Royal Caribbean and it seems odd that there's still no feedback about this excursion. Does anyone actually make it back from it? ;-)

Same here, I have been waiting for somebody to come back tell us about it.:cool:

Just back from celebrity Equinox and this excursion. You have to tender in on this one, but it was a fantastic day from start to finish. The crew on the boat was very good. We had about 20 people total. They took us with groups of around 8, each with our own guide in the water.

I would suggest you bring water shoes and a snorkel. A mask is included and you can rent the shoes onboard if you want. A snorkel is not required, but makes it much more enjoyable.

This may have been one of the best ship excursions we have ever been on.

• 4 weeks later...

We did not do this tour though the ship's excursions, but used a private tour group, Coral Breeze. We did their Shark/Ray Alley Snorkeling and Caye Caulker tour in January. It was a wonderful excursion! I wrote a very detailed picture review of our cruise and ports of call. The shark/ray alley tour begins at post #98 and contains nearly 100 photos including Caye Caulker and underwater photos of the coral, a barracuda, shark, and stingrays:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...2169332&page=5

We did not do this tour though the ship's excursions, but used a private tour group, Coral Breeze. We did their Shark/Ray Alley Snorkeling and Caye Caulker tour in January. It was a wonderful excursion! I wrote a very detailed picture review of our cruise and ports of call. The shark/ray alley tour begins at post #98 and contains nearly 100 photos including Caye Caulker and underwater photos of the coral, a barracuda, shark, and stingrays:

THANK YOU ! We are doing this same tour next week and this is awesome!

THANK YOU ! We are doing this same tour next week and this is awesome!