Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach

ladysheri

Any news yet on this remodeled hotel??? I had heard (here I think) that it was supposed to reopen in October '07. We have reservations Nov. 14-16 and was hoping to hear any info from anyone that lives in FLL or had stayed there this month. TripAdvisor has no new reviews since April of '06!

Thanks!

Sheri

Well, I guess that gives us 2 weeks grace period. Hope all stays on schedule! I am sure I should not worry, but what will Marriott do if it does not open in time for my reservations...move me??? Or should I have a back-up plan?

they would probably move you......they should be done....when i was there a few months ago, it didn't look promising, but bequia says they have made rapid progress.....

marriott has several other properties, both full-service marriott & renaissance brands and select service courtyards and springhill suties...they weren't taking reservations for anything prior to 11/1 so they should have an idea that they will be done. worse comes to worse, you may see a little random finishing work going on.....

hth

The hotel is already booked for it's "soft" opening starting the week of the 22nd. The only guests they're taking during the soft opening is travel agents, convention planners, cruiseline execs, etc. The following week they'll expand that to walk-in traffic and then on the 1st those that reserved on the regular Marriott reservation system.

Have no fear, it will be broken in, all the kinks will be worked out by the time you arrive.

/////////////////////

Thanks Bequia...that is very reassuring. A scheduled soft opening that far in advance makes me feel lots better. For the $$$, I was quite pleased with the location of this hotel and certainly did not want to get passed off to a less desirable Marriott location. Need to stop worrying about it and spend my energy figuring out how to get everything into 4 suitcases! :rolleyes:

ladysheri and/or bequia....

you are hereby nominated to take one for the team! and if you can get some nice photos that would be swell too!! I may stay there.....for the same points as the Renny, i can stay right at the beach in a brandy-spankin new CY....

i am glad they moved soooo fast.......as i said to bequia before, it didn't look good a couple months ago, but any redo gets to the point where all the pieces fall into place and things relaly get moving......(but, i was staying in a hotel that was being renovated and i should know this....i couldn't believe how much got doen in a couple HOURS...one morning, they were painting the area by the bar-but you couldn't see in as it was covered with dry wall...by 2 PM the drywall was gone and they were in setting up and cleaning up to open the next day!!)

have fun!

Thanks Bequia...that is very reassuring. A scheduled soft opening that far in advance makes me feel lots better. For the $$$, I was quite pleased with the location of this hotel and certainly did not want to get passed off to a less desirable Marriott location. Need to stop worrying about it and spend my energy figuring out how to get everything into 4 suitcases! :rolleyes:

Hotels always open before their official opening date to get all of the kinks worked out.

Much better to have problems with a full staff and hotel only 15% full.

Archived