Catamaran sail, snorkel & beach

fourships

Thanks for your reply. It seems like a lot of activities (which is good) for the price. Just wondered if it was as good as it sounds. My DH and I are going with my daughter and her friend both 19. So the catamaran sounds good, snorkeling and beach time but just wanted an opinion on how you liked it all. Thanks!

This was a very well-organized excursion and the people running it were very helpful and friendly. They provide the snorkel gear but you should bring your own towels. For various reasons we booked this last-minute, and we enjoyed it very much. We had a shortened time in Cozumel so any all-day options weren't available to our cruise.

You go to a designated spot on the pier and board the catamaran right there, which is convenient. We sailed for maybe 30-40 minutes along the coast and they gave us a snorkel briefing and distributed the equipment. There are both outside and covered areas on the boat.

The snorkel location was deep water (you could not stand up) and it was nice. You climb a few floating steps into and out of the water, not so difficult. We are avid snorkelers and have been to better locations in comparison, but we enjoyed it. We were there for maybe 45 minutes? (You don't have to be in the water the whole time if you don't want to.) There is a guide you can follow if you like. They are very helpful for beginners. We stayed on the perimeter away from all the splashers and saw more fish, I think.

Then we sailed a bit longer and they beached the boat at Fury Beach Club. There were some awesome inflatables to climb on, slide from, and jump from, it was really fun. The sand was soft so you don't need beach shoes. Grab a beach chair quickly because the other Fury boats all come too. There is food for purchase, burgers and fries mostly, a bit pricey. We were there for maybe 45 minutes. Then back on the boat, cruise along the coast again back to the pier. On the return there was rum punch. :) I would suggest bringing your own snacks if you want something.

My one complaint would be that each stop felt a bit short to us. It wasn't rushed, but as I said this was a last-minute choice for us and, if we could have, we would have chosen something with a longer time at the beach. But that is just our personal opinion. As a cruise excursion it was very well done and I would recommend it. It is easy and enjoyable.

I might be able to post some pictures, but it will have to be later. Be happy to answer any questions you have.

Thanks Margaret - that all sounds good. Too bad not more time at the beach, but for $49 per person, I think we will do that. It gives a bit of everything. Thanks for the information. Don't worry about the pictures, you've been a big help.