Lisbon Restaurant

Has anyone eaten at Frade dos Mares and if so would you recommend it?

I noticed you hadn't gotten an answer yet so I took a look online - I was curious ;) I know how it feels to be preparing to travel and unsure about hotels, restaurants etc. but I haven't been here (Lisbon) and was curious too so I decided to see what the word was online - a nice option these days!

Well - if I was the one traveling, I'd plan on dining here. Every single review on multiple sites (Google, TripAdvisor US & other countries, Yelp, Zomato, SpottedByLocals, TheTravelingSquid) gave it top marks all around - food, service, decor. The review I liked most on Spotted by Locals was written by a visitor that has been dining there for years (since 2004) - always a great endorsement for any establishment - repeat visitors, as well as locals dining there equally with foreign guests.

Have a look for yourself to check - you can check the menu and tour the website. Sounds like amazing seafood and fusion cuisine :) Hope you get to try it and return to tell us about it.

http://www.fradedosmares.com/

Edited by Host Bonjour

Thank you Colleen for taking the time to do the research. I'm aware of most of the websites you mention and have used them all at one time or another. Was not aware of Spotted by Locals or of The Traveling Squid.

Agree that Frade dos Mares does look good and will very like go there and report if I remember to do so.

Happy to help To Sea & Diamond, do let us know how it is if you get there. Can't imagine you'll be disappointed, anytime I went somewhere that was recommended so highly across so many platforms (or in print) has never disappointed in person. While there is nothing like getting a member's recommendation here, it's actually another "online" recommendation too, rather like what we see among the "proper" sites, and indeed Cruise Critic is a part of the online world...the difference is that here we can get a bit more personal, which is something that sets us apart - well just one thing that sets us apart ;)

I wish you both wonderful journeys :) (and great food!!)