Do the men need a Dinner Suit on Dream - Pride of Panama

You don't need a penguin suit or any other suit for dinner, even captains night,men need to be a bit smart dressed, I mean no jeans with holes all over them, or silly t shirts or Rab c nissbet simmets lol, when I went the Caribbean cruise last year on dream , well I'm a Scot so I took full dress, but wasn't needed, going on spirit this weekend and only taking a shirt and tie for captains night, might not even wear the tie,depends how I feel, have a great time

That's a shame muffinman1 it's always great to see a Scot in full regalia and I'm certain you feel great, I can understand some people don't like the full formal but no way would I dress 'up' if I felt uncomfortable, I do it for me & mrs PC not others, think that's one of the good things about Thomson we all fit in

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your input, Pensioncruiser & Muffinman1, we were wanting to dress up as we think it would be good to do but don't want to end up looking like a dogs dinner when everyone else is in casuals and also don't want to use our luggage allowance for things we are not going to use. May try and find others on here that are doing the same cruise as us and see what they are doing. Thanks again.

Edited by LazyDayz69

• 1 month later...
Thanks for your input, Pensioncruiser & Muffinman1, we were wanting to dress up as we think it would be good to do but don't want to end up looking like a dogs dinner when everyone else is in casuals and also don't want to use our luggage allowance for things we are not going to use. May try and find others on here that are doing the same cruise as us and see what they are doing. Thanks again.

if you go on the rollcall that has your ship and you will be able to speak to people on your cruise:D:D:D:D

We are on Pride of Panama in March. We have been on Dream a few times before but this is our first time to the Caribbean. We always dress up in the evening so you won't be the only 'dogs dinners' lol. Just go and enjoy - it's each to their own really.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have been on many Thomson cruises, we always dress up for formal nights ( three in Caribbean) and have found that we are in the majority. Can't understand why people do not wish to do it. Never get dressed up at home so it's good to see that I can still scrub up well.

Thanks for your input 11057 it's good to here some still make the effort we are looking forward to it and counting down the weeks! What date are you sailing all-afloaty we may be on the same one? I can't find a roll call but am still finding my way around this site!

Edited by LazyDayz69

Thanks for your input 11057 it's good to here some still make the effort we are looking forward to it and counting down the weeks! What date are you sailing all-afloaty we may be on the same one? I can't find a roll call but am still finding my way around this site!

We are on Pride of Panama/Cuban Fusion from 7th March I think that's the right way round. Cannot wait it's all I think about!

• 3 months later...
This will be our 1st cruise, we are going on Dream in March 17 do the gents wear DJs on Caribbean cruises? Any help much appreciated thanks.

Unless you want look like a Yank wearing shorts and baseball cap as Formal dress then yes show em what we brits are made of

Edited by shintaro
spelling

Just returned yesterday from two weeks in the Caribbean on Discovery on back-to-back cruise. Men wearing DJs or suits were in the majority think I would've felt out of place in shirtsleeves. It's great to dress up and feel good. You will have a fantastic time.

I'm on the Dream Caribbean cruise in April & I've asked when the formal nights are in another post. My partner wants to get her hair done.

I'm looking forward to getting the tux out only time I get chance to dress up. Other than thatI'll be wearing shirt and tie some evenings again only cos I can.