Taxi to Dream

anjoliza

We will be going to the Dreams Resort for the day when we dock there on the Breeze in March and have been hearing some stories about the taxi situation. How hard is it to get a taxi, are they reliable and any idea of the cost - The lady at Dreams said it was about a $20-30 taxi ride. I want to discuss the price before I get in a taxi and make sure we know the price up front. Any idea as to what the cost might be? I've read where people share a taxi and their portion was $25? does that mean that the $20-30 amount is per person??

Any info will be appreciated!

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also curious about the prices. When talking to one of the tour operators in Bayahibe Village, I was quoted $60 round trip per taxi (1-5 passengers) 6 passengers would be $65. The drop off point is in the village, which is just beside Dreams. I was wondering if that is an accurate price, or if negotiating on my own would be better.

Hopefully someone has been to Dreams lately.

What is the current price of a Dreams day pass?

I'm also curious about the prices. When talking to one of the tour operators in Bayahibe Village, I was quoted $60 round trip per taxi (1-5 passengers) 6 passengers would be $65. The drop off point is in the village, which is just beside Dreams. I was wondering if that is an accurate price, or if negotiating on my own would be better.

Hopefully someone has been to Dreams lately.

What is the current price of a Dreams day pass?

The Dream day pass is $60 for all inclusive.

Not much action on info about taxis??

We were there in September. Dreams is great, getting there is a different story. We ended up with a group of 9 sharing a van, It was $105 round trip. Most of the people at the cab area don't speak English, the key is to find the right person to speak to. The price is not a per person price, it is per cab/van. Definitely find people to share the cost of the cab. Once we got the cab, no issues. You pay at the end of the trip and we our taxi driver was waiting for us at the time we agreed. This is a beautiful resort and one of the nicest beaches we have ever been to. Well worth the cost and effort to get there!

How did you find the Dreams link. I have been searching and everyone says that they no longer offer day passes. I will be going in May.

When I read this, I tried to get on the Dreams webpage but kept getting an error. I tried again today and it was fine so it must have just been down for a while. I don't see the day pass advertised on their website any more?? but I'm not sure that means they aren't offering it. I used the e-mail address the RNRSC gave below and dealt with someone named Louise. We are booked to go there on April 1st. We just had to register with her, we didn't have to pay anything upfront. I sent her an e-mail a few days ago asking her to confirm. I rec'd an e-mail back today saying that yes, everything is in place. I'm thinking their internet must have been down because like RNRSC said below, they usually are very prompt in answering.. She also said that taxis are very easy to come by and are readily available at the Port.

This was our contact there. econcierge.drelr@dreamsresorts.com They replied within twenty-four hours.

When I read this, I tried to get on the Dreams webpage but kept getting an error. I tried again today and it was fine so it must have just been down for a while. I don't see the day pass advertised on their website any more?? but I'm not sure that means they aren't offering it. I used the e-mail address the RNRSC gave below and dealt with someone named Louise. We are booked to go there on April 1st. We just had to register with her, we didn't have to pay anything upfront. I sent her an e-mail a few days ago asking her to confirm. I rec'd an e-mail back today saying that yes, everything is in place. I'm thinking their internet must have been down because like RNRSC said below, they usually are very prompt in answering.. She also said that taxis are very easy to come by and are readily available at the Port.

We are very interested in going to Dreams in April, also. I, too, am concerned about the taxi situation. Did the lady say if the taxis are hard to find people to fill them up. I don't want to get there and be stuck paying $105 for the taxi and have no one to share the expense with. That is mighty pricey for a 10-15 minute taxi ride. I wish I knew whether the van/taxi drivers wait for others that come off the ship to fill them up before they head over to the resort.

Taxis all over the Dominican Republic are considered expensive. Gasoline is expensive here.

There is one taxi company, Taxi Casa de Campo, that is allowed to operate inside the port and port car park. It's owned by the same people who own the port. Their prices seem to be quite varied - depending on the number of passengers and how much they think they can get away with charging. Many drivers do speak some English but it may be more convenient for them not to if they are challenged about their pricing... If in doubt ask to see if they carry a rate card in their vehicle!

To give you an idea of normal pricing - A local taxi from Bayahibe (ie not a port taxi) should charge $US60 per vehicle round trip (port to Bayahibe to port) for 1-5 passengers, $US65 for 6, more than 6 passengers at between $US10-12 per head. However, these taxis are not allowed inside the port or port car park. Some small excursion companies use these local Bayahibe taxis to collect their pre-booked clients from the road outside of the port car park.

But unless you have prebooked with such an excursion company then you will have to take the port taxis mentioned in my first paragraph.

Either way if you are traveling solo or as a couple it makes more sense money-wise to take a shared port taxi. Make sure the taxi is going to your desired destination! Be it Dreams hotel, Bayahibe Beach or Dominicus beach.

Happy Travels!

Taxis all over the Dominican Republic are considered expensive. Gasoline is expensive here.

There is one taxi company, Taxi Casa de Campo, that is allowed to operate inside the port and port car park. It's owned by the same people who own the port. Their prices seem to be quite varied - depending on the number of passengers and how much they think they can get away with charging. Many drivers do speak some English but it may be more convenient for them not to if they are challenged about their pricing... If in doubt ask to see if they carry a rate card in their vehicle!

To give you an idea of normal pricing - A local taxi from Bayahibe (ie not a port taxi) should charge $US60 per vehicle round trip (port to Bayahibe to port) for 1-5 passengers, $US65 for 6, more than 6 passengers at between $US10-12 per head. However, these taxis are not allowed inside the port or port car park. Some small excursion companies use these local Bayahibe taxis to collect their pre-booked clients from the road outside of the port car park.

But unless you have prebooked with such an excursion company then you will have to take the port taxis mentioned in my first paragraph.

Either way if you are traveling solo or as a couple it makes more sense money-wise to take a shared port taxi. Make sure the taxi is going to your desired destination! Be it Dreams hotel, Bayahibe Beach or Dominicus beach.

Happy Travels!

Thank you very much for the prompt reply... I very much appreciate the information. I sent an email to them this a.m. Hope to hear back soon. Going to take our chances on the taxi/van. Hopefully, will find someone to share with. If not, oh well... lol We're going anyways. ;)

Thank you very much for the prompt reply... I very much appreciate the information. I sent an email to them this a.m. Hope to hear back soon. Going to take our chances on the taxi/van. Hopefully, will find someone to share with. If not, oh well... lol We're going anyways. ;)

If you have not already, sign onto to the roll call for your cruise. There are usually folks that are interested and will split the cab.