Nee help for Freeport and Nassua

bigmama9224

Hi everyone my sister going on a last minute cruise with her husband who is very sick. Doctor told him it would be good to go on a cruise an make memories and keep his mind busy. Having said that, my sister is new to cruising she is doing a 4 day cruise to Freeport and Nassau out of Port Canaveral. She would like to know how difficult is Port with a wheelchair.?

Where can they go to a near by beach, her husband is in a wheelchair barely walks. I have never been to Freeport as for Nassua I have told her what she can do, but would like to hear others suggestions.

We thank everyone in advance for all their input.

Hi everyone my sister going on a last minute cruise with her husband who is very sick. Doctor told him it would be good to go on a cruise an make memories and keep his mind busy. Having said that, my sister is new to cruising she is doing a 4 day cruise to Freeport and Nassau out of Port Canaveral. She would like to know how difficult is Port with a wheelchair.?

Where can they go to a near by beach, her husband is in a wheelchair barely walks. I have never been to Freeport as for Nassua I have told her what she can do, but would like to hear others suggestions.

We thank everyone in advance for all their input.

Hi Big Mama,

In Nassau, there is a beautiful resort named Melia less than a 10 min. taxi ride away on Cable Beach. We got a day pass there last year. They have 3 pools & a beautiful beach with a bar & restaurant outside. The hotel is also lovely with restaurants, shopping & changing areas. The resort itself is wheelchair accessible. The port area should also be fine with the wheelchair. Hope they have a wonderful trip.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, just some sad news to those that offered some suggestions for my sister that was going on her cruise. Her husband passed away yesterday on their way back from Nassau, as you can imagine she is devastated, but he wanted to spend his last days at sea so at least he died happy. My sister says that he woke up told her he spend a great night and laid down and died.

I want to personally thank Carnival my sister said all the staff was great to her with this situation. Yes they knew he had a short time, but like I said he insisted on going, he had a great time for a couple of days and Carnival was great with his food cause he couldn't eat salt at all so my sister sat every night with their headwaiter and planned his meal for the next day, can not say enough about carnival handling this situation. Thanks Carnival......

He loved the sea so much that his last wish was to be cremated and taken to sea..