Mud bath

CruiseLoris

We just did it a couple weeks ago. We LOVED it....and it's not that smelly either. The location is well appointed with place to change and shower off if you want to (rather than go back I the water). We stopped at the waterfall next, which was marvelous and fun. We recommend!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I did it two years ago. It was interesting, although I found it very difficult to get the mud off afterward. There are fresh water showers there, but I found the mud greasy. Also, bring a nail brush! I could not get the stuff out from under my nails, and had to buy a brush in the next port the next day. Unlike Loosygoosy I did find it smelly, however.

We stopped here on Cosol tours a few years back. I didn't go in but it was interesting. If you go on a tour, depending on your driver, they may try to steer you away. Our driver was telling us time was an issue and maybe we shouldn't bother stopping. I think they save on the admission fee if they manage to skip the stop.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we did go, and it was an experience- was VERY crowded the day/time we were there. They kept running out of mud in the buckets. The smell was not bad at all - but yes- was very hard to wash off the skin. Looked clean when left the shower-then when skin dried at was still there. Need soap to get it off! Can't attest to any smell left in the suits - for my oldest daughter left our bag of wet suits at the port shopping mall when too busy using the free wi-fi!!! I just hope that maybe someone else got to use the 3 suits and clothes/cover-ups that were in the bag-and it was not just tossed in the trash!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

Hi CruiseLoris

The volcanic mud bath is amazinggg and a must do in St.Lucia

The all natural sulphur provides a number of health benefits for skin and isn't overly smelly at all

There are rest room facilities to change and shower after the bath

Your girls should enjoy !

The only downside would be the long waiting lines that are sometimes created by the crowds of people coming in the area

An alternative would be the magnificent Sapphire Falls & Jungle Spa which specializes in warm waterfall baths, massages, and also mud baths

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147345-d8281203-Reviews-Sapphire_Falls_Jungle_Spa-Soufriere_Soufriere_Quarter_St_Lucia.html?m=19904

Whichever you choose, make the most of it !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Can anyone tell me what the roads are like on the trip to Soufriere. I have my 80yr old mum with me and I am worried that the roads might be too bumpy for her. If you have read any of my other threads you will see that she has Menieres condition which is like severe vertigo and I have read that it's a very windy and bumpy road.

I want her to have a great time and enjoy the experience but don't want to make her ill.

Hi Can anyone tell me what the roads are like on the trip to Soufriere. I have my 80yr old mum with me and I am worried that the roads might be too bumpy for her. If you have read any of my other threads you will see that she has Menieres condition which is like severe vertigo and I have read that it's a very windy and bumpy road.

I want her to have a great time and enjoy the experience but don't want to make her ill.

The road is winding (not windy), but not bumpy really. It's a mountainous road and winds along both the mountains and the Coastline, which makes for stunning views but a winding road.. If she takes motion sickness mess or other precautions it should be no problem. Alternatively, consider a sea transfer instead with just a short land ride to the volcano....

• 3 months later...