Easter Sunday Bus Service

Ashby

We are in Hamilton on Sunday 20th April and had planned to catch a bus to St Georges. Does anyone know if the bus service will be different as it is Easter. If it is we will need to book ship's excursion. Grateful for any information and hoping that the buses still operate on that day. Thanks

The bus schedule has a column for "Sundays and Holidays" so I would say that is the time table that you would work with. Not sure much would be open in St. George on Easter Sunday since it is limited on an ordinary Sunday, let alone a holiday. The bus schedule is very limited on Sundays also. The start running about 11 AM and finish at around 5 PM. It is about an hour drive in each direction. Might not be worth the trouble with the limited amount of time, depending on when your ship leaves.

The bus schedule has a column for "Sundays and Holidays" so I would say that is the time table that you would work with. Not sure much would be open in St. George on Easter Sunday since it is limited on an ordinary Sunday, let alone a holiday. The bus schedule is very limited on Sundays also. The start running about 11 AM and finish at around 5 PM. It is about an hour drive in each direction. Might not be worth the trouble with the limited amount of time, depending on when your ship leaves.

What schedule were you looking at? Route #10 buses start at 9:15AM and run every 60 minutes thereafter; and the route #11 buses start at 7:45AM and run every 60 minutes thereafter for Sundays and holidays. The schedule travel time is 50 minutes in each direction. The last route #11 bus departs St George at 10:45PM.

I do agree with everything else you wrote.

FYI, the 2014 Bermuda Cruise Ship Schedule has the Thomas Dream at Heritage Wharf.

SBtS

Possibly Ashby is confused about the port her ship will dock at. If she is at Heritage Wharf, it is even a longer ride to get to St. George and it would be even harder for her to get to and back from St. George. Thank you for the corrected times on the Sunday and Holiday buses.

Ashby, Heritage Wharf is at the Dockyard not in Hamilton. Check your itinerary to see where your ship is docking.

This is very intresting - all the information we have received from Thomson has indicated that we would be docking in Hamiliton. I will need to investigate more! This will make my current plans more complicated. We were due to arive 8.00am on Sunday 20th April and leave at 3.00pm on Monday. Still would love to go to St Georges - just to look arould at the scenery and buildings. More reserch going to be needed.

Since you are in Bermuda overnight on Sunday night, you would have time to get to ST. George and look around. It is a beautiful part of the island. Sunday would be the best day, since you are not going to have to hurry back to make the ship. There is a lot to see in St. George-the Unfinished Church, St. Peter's Church, Tobacco Bay, St. Catherine's Fort and Beach, several gardens, etc. I would recommend you get there is it is possible.

I sorry but pretty much everything that has an open / close option will be closed on Easter Sunday.

The shops at Dockyard might open on Easter Sunday if there is a ship in.

The buses should run their Sunday schedule and there is plenty to look at all over the island, but you won't be able to go inside much of it.