documents came today

venicia

in just 2 weeks we will be leaving for New Orleans and our new adventure on the America Queen. the documents arrived today and now the excitement is growing!:D I want to take this moment to thank all of you for providing excellent information to my questions.

I think for our first time on AQ we are not going to do any of the optional trips but take it slow and wander about at the ports we stop at.

If anyone is interested, I'll do a short quick review upon our return.

happy river cruising everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
in just 2 weeks we will be leaving for New Orleans and our new adventure on the America Queen. the documents arrived today and now the excitement is growing!:D I want to take this moment to thank all of you for providing excellent information to my questions.

I think for our first time on AQ we are not going to do any of the optional trips but take it slow and wander about at the ports we stop at.

If anyone is interested, I'll do a short quick review upon our return.

happy river cruising everyone!

I wrote to you on another thread and see you are sailing at the end of April. My aunt and I will probably be on the sailing after you (leaving from Memphis). I would be very interested in your review. We will be in cabin 504 and am wondering is the deck area in front of our cabin is accessible or not (on the brochure it looks as if it might be blocked off).

We have prebooked a number of the optional tours and would be interested in anything fellow passengers say about the tours.

Enjoy.

Danielle

I wrote to you on another thread and see you are sailing at the end of April. My aunt and I will probably be on the sailing after you (leaving from Memphis). I would be very interested in your review. We will be in cabin 504 and am wondering is the deck area in front of our cabin is accessible or not (on the brochure it looks as if it might be blocked off).

We have prebooked a number of the optional tours and would be interested in anything fellow passengers say about the tours.

Enjoy.

Danielle

Room 504 is the BELLE OF LOUISVILLE Suite. The steamboat that it is named after is celebrating her one hundredth anniversary this year! (http://www.belleoflouisville.org) My father was her weekend chief engineer from 1982 until 1995 and I was a purser onboard one summer. The deck outside of your room's French doors is accessible to all. You also will have another door into a covered hallway. It's not air conditioned in that hall but it's only a few steps into the air conditioning.

I hope you enjoy your steamboat voyage. When you come back if you could post the names of the main officers aboard, I would greatly appreciate it as there are some new ones. Chief Fred Rich retired and Capt. John Sutton went back to towboats.

Happy Canadian,

I will look at suite 504 to see if anything is blocking it. I'm sorry for the delay in responding to you, most evenings when we get home we get some dinner, relax a bit and head off to bed. Just haven't been keeping up with some correspondence lately. That will change in one week. But you mention leaving from Memphis, we are on a type of round trip from New Orleans. Will check the cabin for you and respond upon our return. Just one more week and this will be a new adventure for us.

I'll do a review and maybe photo's if I can figure out how to post them. Have never done a review since we've always sailed the big ships and there are lots of reviews out there for them.

I think it would be great to have some reviews of river cruising the same as the big ships get..............I'll give it a try when we get back!

Thanks for the feedback and I will make a note of the names and post. We aren't actually back home until early June so don't be disappointed if you don't hear from me until then.

Documents came today - I must admit I was expecting a nicer package given the cost of the cruise. Seabourn had a very nice package for the cruise documents and I guess I was expecting something similar from AQ.

Danielle

I'm glad that AQSC still sends out tickets and boarding information. Even with a Grill class room on Cunard you're stuck printing your own e-tickets; somehow that just seems to cheapen the experience.