Le Galion, Grand Case, Little Bay or Great Bay for Kids?

LuCruise

I'm looking for a beach in St Maarten that has the following:

• Good for kids
  • Calm Water (not rough but a bit of wave is ok)
  • No drops in the water/sand
  • Soft Sand (white if possible)
  • Clean Washrooms
  • Somewhere to grab light lunch
  • Available Water Toys or Inflatables is preferred

In my own research, the following seems to meet the calm water and no drops

- Le Galion

- Grand Case

- Little Bay Beach

- Great Bay Beach

Which is recommended? And if water toys (e.g. floats, scuba, etc), which ones?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by LuCruise

Hi - we were at Le Galion last May - it is a great beach for kids. The water is shallow and you can walk out for quite a distance. There was only 2 other couples there from the ship and some locals. Caution for kids there was 2 ladies sunbathing topless. There is a small restaurant there but it was closed as it was Monday and there was no other place nearby for food or bathrooms. So I would check the day you are going to be there. Hope this helps in your decision.

Hi - we were at Le Galion last May - it is a great beach for kids. The water is shallow and you can walk out for quite a distance. There was only 2 other couples there from the ship and some locals. Caution for kids there was 2 ladies sunbathing topless. There is a small restaurant there but it was closed as it was Monday and there was no other place nearby for food or bathrooms. So I would check the day you are going to be there. Hope this helps in your decision.

Thanks for the response. And thanks for the warning about the day. We'll be there on a Thursday so hopefully things will be open. Glad to hear you enjoyed and its good and shallow. Is there any bit of a wave (even if calm)? Also, any floats or anything nearby that kids can use?

Yeah, I've heard that nudity (partial or full) is a common thing in St Maartin/St Martin. We'll actually avoid Orient beach because of that as I've heard its quite common there.

There was a place right down the beach (easy walking distance) that was renting some equipment,. Not sure what they all had . I wouldn't say there are waves there that I remember even calm ones. Check out some pics online and will see how calm it is.

I'm looking for a beach in St Maarten that has the following:

• Good for kids
  • Calm Water (not rough but a bit of wave is ok)
  • No drops in the water/sand
  • Soft Sand (white if possible)
  • Clean Washrooms
  • Somewhere to grab light lunch
  • Available Water Toys or Inflatables is preferred

In my own research, the following seems to meet the calm water and no drops

- Le Galion

- Grand Case

- Little Bay Beach

- Great Bay Beach

Which is recommended? And if water toys (e.g. floats, scuba, etc), which ones?

Thanks in advance.

There is absolutely no drop off at Le Galion. I have experienced at least a little drop at all of the other beaches. Little Bay has aqua mania water sports so of the beaches listed this is the one with the most activities. Sand wise I think LeGalion would be first and Little Bay probably last but its fine. The best bathroom would be at Little Bay IMO. I would personally swim at all of these beaches but Great Bay as this one has ongoing pollution issues.

There is absolutely no drop off at Le Galion. I have experienced at least a little drop at all of the other beaches. Little Bay has aqua mania water sports so of the beaches listed this is the one with the most activities. Sand wise I think LeGalion would be first and Little Bay probably last but its fine. The best bathroom would be at Little Bay IMO. I would personally swim at all of these beaches but Great Bay as this one has ongoing pollution issues.

Thank you. It seems like it's between Le Galion and Little Bay then. It may depend on if we're able to bring any water toys (inflatables in the suitcase) or if we rely on renting stuff. Do you know what kind of toys / water sports Little Bay Beach would have?

Thank you. It seems like it's between Le Galion and Little Bay then. It may depend on if we're able to bring any water toys (inflatables in the suitcase) or if we rely on renting stuff. Do you know what kind of toys / water sports Little Bay Beach would have?

If you children are small you may want to bring inflatables along. The rentals are kayaks, hobbie cats, wave runners and banana boat rides.

There is a play station which is a old catamaran turned into a jungle gym out in the water near the Aquamania at the Simpson Bay marina. There's a picture of it on their website.

If you children are small you may want to bring inflatables along. The rentals are kayaks, hobbie cats, wave runners and banana boat rides.

There is a play station which is a old catamaran turned into a jungle gym out in the water near the Aquamania at the Simpson Bay marina. There's a picture of it on their website.

Yes, my older one can swim but my younger one (currently 5.5 but will be 6.5 when we swim) started learning last year but hasn't gotten too far (i.e. wont put her head in the water and needs someone holding her). So we'll definitely bring something for her. She'll use it even around the pool on the ship. I don't think my older one will use the kayaks, etc, but a raft or something rentable (but not suitcase fitted) would be fun for him.