Scuba trip

Sfdtiller

Can anyone recommend a scuba company that takes cruise passengers. Seems most leave so early that it doesn't work with our 10 arrival time unless we private charter, and that's a little out of my budget.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

have you considered shore dive at Eden Rock or Sunset House?

No schedule problems then and both offer sites that dive boats routinely visit . . .

and no charge except to rent equipment . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ

We used Happy Fish Divers in Georgetown last time. They met us in town and drove us to the boat, where we met up with one other couple. They were flexible on start time because it is a small operation. We were really satisfied with the dives (though the coral isn't what it used to be) especially penetrating the Kittiwake which I didn't think I'd have the nerve for. It was expensive - Cayman just is.

a few notes

1. Cayman is expensive - very true - and to dive the Kit' costs extra yet .... which brings me back to a shore dive where there is NO CHARGE except for rental equipment. Tank and weights will run $15 to $20 ...

2. Unless you take the ship excursion, you are going to be hauling your gear a bit anyway - and maybe even WITH the ship excursion since Cayman is a tendering port. I have seen excursions where they pick up at the ship but seldom is this allowed for a private charter. Eden Rock is a rocks thro from the tender landing area and Sunset House less than a mile - a nice stretch of the legs, or a short taxi ride. To be 'met in town' puts you a 5 min walk to Eden Rock.

3. If you want to dive 'the wall' you DO need a boat ... it is roughly 1 mile off shore at the 7 Mile area. Technically you can swim to the wall from from Sunset House but I would NOT recommend this unless very familiar with the area. A shore dive from Eden or Sunset would normally find a max depth around 60 feet ... often less.

dd and I ready to go for a night dive at Sunset House

100_0105_zps00ed64ce.jpg

Thank you Capt. for the advice. I have contacted both places along with Happy divers. Looks like they are all pretty close and unlike our West coast with the big surf and rocky shores, it looks a little easier for lugging all my stuff. Thanks again for your help.

Sean