Lectures

jerblu

Go to Cunard's website and find the page for your cruise. There's a tab for enrichment. That may have some info. Or try calling Cunard. The last year that QE2 did transatlantics, we were on the author cruise. I called for months, trying to find out who would be on. About 6 weeks prior, I finally got someone who would/could tell me.

They're reluctant to say too much too soon in case a speaker has to cancel.

I've always enjoyed the speakers on Cunard's TAs. Can't remember the speakers from our QM cruise, though.

Kathy

Oops, forgot to add, they aren't from Oxford any more. Now they call it Cunard Insights, whatever that means.

Kathy

It means cheaper speakers.

One of the ones they wheel out with depressing regularity is Brian Hooey. Comes out with all sorts of tosh about the Royal Family. We're always tempted to go just to ask awkward questions.

We did learn that the Queen likes a good twelve inches, where the Duke of Edinburgh prefers nine inches.

A prize to the person who can correctly guess of what!

Matthew

We did learn that the Queen likes a good twelve inches, where the Duke of Edinburgh prefers nine inches.

Matthew

Snow?

Ice to skate on?

Mattress depth?

Stirrup length?

Slice of pie?

Um.. how about the height of a corgi.?

Um.. how about the height of a corgi.?

I thought of that, but don't know what the breed standard is. The Queen certainly knows--anyone have her phone number so we can confirm this?

Matthew

Depth of the bath water, of course. Her extra three inches are for the corgis. Doesn't this disclosure violate your Official Secrets Act?

Paul

It means cheaper speakers.

One of the ones they wheel out with depressing regularity is Brian Hooey. Comes out with all sorts of tosh about the Royal Family. We're always tempted to go just to ask awkward questions.

Matthew

Why, vinyl, of course!

LPs (33 1/3) vs. 78's!

Do I win?

Matthew

And the answer is? No fair telling us that you are waiting for HM to phone you back with confirmation.

Paul

Archived