May 19 PG Tahiti to Fiji, Met for Drinks ?

Time to start this thread up again. Is anyone going over early and staying at the InterContinental ? And it would be nice to try and meet for a drink when we sail off on our great cruise. I"ll buy.. OO I forgot the drinks are free...

Two of us Mike & Uriah, we are flying over on the 15th, Air Tahit Nui, anyone going with us??

We're flying over the 18th and will be boarding early the afternoon of the 19th. For folks going a day or more early meeting the late afternoon of the 19th in either the Piano Bar or the La Palette Lounge should easy and uncrowded. We'd love do meet at that time and maybe even dinner together before the rest of the passengers embark. Then still do the sail away party!

Greg, Gretchen and Cheryl

We're flying over the 18th and will be boarding early the afternoon of the 19th. For folks going a day or more early meeting the late afternoon of the 19th in either the Piano Bar or the La Palette Lounge should easy and uncrowded. We'd love do meet at that time and maybe even dinner together before the rest of the passengers embark. Then still do the sail away party!

Greg, Gretchen and Cheryl

We will be going over to board early afternoon on the 19th also, looking forwarded to meeting eveyone.

Mike

Mike- We (Tom & Nancy) are flying on May 15 also but we are then heading to Moorea. We actually go to Moorea the next day and I have no idea where they are putting us for the night on the 15th. A get-together in La Palette on the 19th sounds great after we've has some time to settle in.

Can't wait to be back on the PG!!!!!!!

Hi Folks!

Bill and I are coming over on the 18th. Not sure of the time. We are staying at the IC. Not sure of the flight times or anything. (DH knows this, at least I think he does:))

Meeting up at 6 pm on the 19th sounds good.

So how many of us are getting REALLY excited?

My mask is off to get lens, my clothes are sorted, new bathing suits have arrived and the video camera should be coming next week. (A great deal from w00t and we don't have one.)

Now I just have to find something to travel in; shoes without laces! Ugh. And I get cold on planes so something I can stay warm in but light so I won't die when we land.

Reservations go online in the next week or so.

Finally, hair cut and nails done.

And of course it seems like each weekend until the cruise is filled with something already.

Can't wait!

Bye!

Caroline

Mike - Dave and I are flying from LAX to Papeete on Friday May 18th. Our flight is still at 1 pm. I just checked the Air Tahiti Nui website. It looks like most of the days still have the 1 pm departure. Sorry to hear about the change for you.

We'll meet you on the 19th at 6 pm - just let us know where. We are looking forward to being back onboard!!

Martha

Mike - Dave and I are flying from LAX to Papeete on Friday May 18th. Our flight is still at 1 pm. I just checked the Air Tahiti Nui website. It looks like most of the days still have the 1 pm departure. Sorry to hear about the change for you.

We'll meet you on the 19th at 6 pm - just let us know where. We are looking forward to being back onboard!!

Martha

Hi: We can meet at the Piano Bar around 6:00 PM, and I am with you, I"m ready to be back on the PG and a great two weeks.

Mike

Finally, docs will be arriving.

Mike, you mentioned meeting at 6 pm at the Piano Bar (deck 5) on the 19th.

Let's also plan to meet on the 20th at 6pm in LaPalette Lounge (deck 8) so Mike and HJ can join us.

I hope Mike and Bob from Atlanta can join us one of those days too!

Anyone else on the May 19th PG sailing?

Maps,

Thank you for the mention, we are sooo excited to be returing to the PG. Unforunately, we are are on the 1 pm LAX to Papeete flight (along with our travel friends Randy and Russell) and will not be landing in Papeete until 6:30 on the 19th (damn that lottery and our final payment on the Gulfstream 550!). In any event, we are all repeat PG'ers and spend a lot of time in the bars, so while we will miss you on the 19th, will certainly have plenty of time to connect on the trip! 28 days and counting for us! We will be easy to spot...middle age, graying hair, big bellies & cocktails!:)

Mike and Bob

Maps,

Thank you for the mention, we are sooo excited to be returing to the PG. Unforunately, we are are on the 1 pm LAX to Papeete flight (along with our travel friends Randy and Russell) and will not be landing in Papeete until 6:30 on the 19th (damn that lottery and our final payment on the Gulfstream 550!). In any event, we are all repeat PG'ers and spend a lot of time in the bars, so while we will miss you on the 19th, will certainly have plenty of time to connect on the trip! 28 days and counting for us! We will be easy to spot...middle age, graying hair, big bellies & cocktails!:)

Mike and Bob

Hi Mike and Bob, We will look for all of you, we will try not to dirnk up eveything before you get there.

Mike

Hi Mike and Bob, We will look for all of you, we will try not to dirnk up eveything before you get there.

Mike

It's down to 15 days for us. leaving on either the 10 or 11 for LA. then off for the curise. The hard part is what to take or not take.

I think I have packed and un packed so many times I can't remember whats in the suit case.

Mike

It's down to 15 days for us. leaving on either the 10 or 11 for LA. then off for the curise. The hard part is what to take or not take.

I think I have packed and un packed so many times I can't remember whats in the suit case.

Mike

Yeah Mike, I feel you. DH keeps reminding me that we have credit cards and the ship has a laundry and we really don't need to pack *everything* just in case. But what can I say? I want *choices.*

But he keeps telling me all we really need are our glasses and meds and everything else could be replaced if forgotten or lost.

I know I have gotten personal reassurances from folks that I don't need the dressy stuff but still...

Docs are arriving from the TA either today or tomorrow, hope they don't get too soaked, and all of the other pieces are falling into place.

Clothes go to the cleaners next week for cleaning and pressing and then we pack.

After that it is just making sure that everyone has the international cell phone number, that I have written down all my passwords so I don't forget them while away, and that the cat sitter has what she needs.

I'll probably end up packing and re-packing too.

See you all later...

Caroline

We are not quite to the packing stage just yet, but I have pulled out the water shoes and snokels. We will pack much lighter than previous trip and simply use the on-board laundry and dry cleaning services (no more expensive than we pay at home). The days seem to be passing much more slowly now that we are getting close to leaving. If it weren't for the dogs, we would probably find jobs selling shell necklaces and stay in FP!

Y'all please try to save some vodka for us late arrivals! :)

We are not quite to the packing stage just yet, but I have pulled out the water shoes and snokels. We will pack much lighter than previous trip and simply use the on-board laundry and dry cleaning services (no more expensive than we pay at home). The days seem to be passing much more slowly now that we are getting close to leaving. If it weren't for the dogs, we would probably find jobs selling shell necklaces and stay in FP!

Y'all please try to save some vodka for us late arrivals! :)

Anyone flying out with us on the 15th ?. We will make sure some vodka and ice is ready for you when you get off the plane.

Mike

Just received a phone call from my TA and we've been upgraded to a Category B (from C) for our 19 May Tahiti to Fiji sailing. Suite is about 25% bigger and the veranda is almost 50% bigger (if I'm doing the math right). We will be in 803 so we are a fair bit more off center than we were in 742. I know there's been some disussion about layout pros and cons; if anyone has any thoughts I'd love to hear them. Now I have to go back and read the "What one does with a butler" threads?

Congraulations I guess! I wouldn't know what to do with one either, but I would like the larger room.

See you on the 19th.

HJ & Mike

My TA called and Air Tahiti Nui is now only flying one plane out on the 15th. We are now leaving for LA on Friday and flying to Tahiti on Sunday the 13th. Air Tahiti has told us they will pay for the extra days at the hotel.

They were over booked in First Class and asked if we could change our dates, how bad is it to be told to leave early for Tahiti. They are also going to pay for 3 meals a day. Now the rush is on to change reservations for parking and LA hotel, but someone has to get there first...

Just think, now we have 6 days to get a tan, drink and eat too much and look like locals before you all get here. Just look for the tan ones when you get on board. See you all on the 19th, or look us up at the Inter Continental if you go over early.

Mike and Uriah

My TA called and Air Tahiti Nui is now only flying one plane out on the 15th. We are now leaving for LA on Friday and flying to Tahiti on Sunday the 13th. Air Tahiti has told us they will pay for the extra days at the hotel.

They were over booked in First Class and asked if we could change our dates, how bad is it to be told to leave early for Tahiti. They are also going to pay for 3 meals a day. Now the rush is on to change reservations for parking and LA hotel, but someone has to get there first...

Just think, now we have 6 days to get a tan, drink and eat too much and look like locals before you all get here. Just look for the tan ones when you get on board. See you all on the 19th, or look us up at the Inter Continental if you go over early.

Mike and Uriah

And I thought the upgrade fairy only gave out cabin upgrades! Very nice. I'll have DH check to make sure all of our flights are still on schedule.

See everyone at the hotel or on board!

Caroline

And I thought the upgrade fairy only gave out cabin upgrades! Very nice. I'll have DH check to make sure all of our flights are still on schedule.

See everyone at the hotel or on board!

Caroline

Hi All: We are packed and ready to GO....... One more day then off to LA and Universal Studios, has anyone used the VIP tour ??.. we signed up for the 10 AM, told it takes 6 hours,,, THEN, Sunday off to Tahiti.

See all of you next week.

Mike

Archived