QE2 Getaways

Cruiser765

Hi Everyone,

Would appreciate your opinions on the short Getaway voyages please.

Are they just typically 'Booze Cruises' ? :rolleyes: Or would you recommend this as an opportunity to sample QG at a reasonable price, where one could presumably hide away from the partygoers and enjoy a pleasant couple of days in luxury.:)

Many Thanks

Jackie

Well yes, I'd do it! :)

In a way, you are correct: some of the short cruises can attract a rowdy bunch and the staff might seem to shirk a bit .... "get 'em on, get 'em off" ... (read the threads on past short cruises and you might think a short time isn't for you ... some of the posts sound quite scarey) but usually it all works out just fine.

As you say, you can "sample QG at a reasonable price" and the QG areas probably will not be "party central." And certainly no one on ship, even for a short cruise, is going to try to make you have an unpleasant experience. I'd give it a go.

When the ship was often in NYC the schedule had several short 2-day, 3-day, trips a year. I always took them, through several grades, and they always worked out. Sometimes I would talk to staff about "the shopping bag cruises", thinking people got on with empty shopping bags and got off with all the Cunard stuff they could pocket. They said it did happen, but the Line thought it was a way to introduce the ship to a broader market ... you know: get "em young, you'll have 'em for life! One trip I did have to step over a man on the floor of his cabin door at 7 am, but he and his wife were having such a good time you couldn't help but enjoy it with them! Usually, on most all trips I found the loads pretty sane.

No matter the load, you'll experience the QE2, meet the staff, see the spaces, get the feel of a wonderful ship. Too, you might meet many QE2 "old timers" who come on for the short cruises.

I hear these current "Getaway Cruises" are popular ... if I didn't have to fly an ocean to board, I'd be on them all! You go! Enjoy! :)

Many thanks AB for your reply. We have been on QE2 twice and thoroughly enjoyed.

We just thought that this could be an opportunity to enjoy QG if only for a couple of nights.

Anyway food for thought.

Thank You

Jackie

Realistically you can forget two day cruises. The only one left is sold out.

I think the three night one next July is pretty heavily sold too. And some of the prices for the five night trips would have bought a week last year.

If you've booked already then I think you've made a good decision. The Queens' Grill isn't at its best on short trips, but that in only because they don't have a chance to get to know you. It is still excellent.

I have done a one night and a three night trip before. I'm doing a two night fairly soon. I'm looking forward to a lovely time.

Matthew

Realistically you can forget two day cruises. The only one left is sold out.

I think the three night one next July is pretty heavily sold too. And some of the prices for the five night trips would have bought a week last year.

If you've booked already then I think you've made a good decision. The Queens' Grill isn't at its best on short trips, but that in only because they don't have a chance to get to know you. It is still excellent.

I have done a one night and a three night trip before. I'm doing a two night fairly soon. I'm looking forward to a lovely time.

Matthew

Thanks for that Matthew, ironically on the Cunard website the festive getaway is coming up with good fares, until that is l went in to start to book and zilch!!

Yes, you are quite right about next years' short trips, the prices are really high :(

Last trip we did was for ten nights in C1 for £1100 each! Guess l should have booked up then for more!!

Appreciate your input though and wish you a lovely trip in December.

Jackie:)

Thanks for that Matthew, ironically on the Cunard website the festive getaway is coming up with good fares, until that is l went in to start to book and zilch!!

Yes, you are quite right about next years' short trips, the prices are really high :(

Last trip we did was for ten nights in C1 for £1100 each! Guess l should have booked up then for more!!

Appreciate your input though and wish you a lovely trip in December.

Jackie:)

I was hoping you'd come back and say you'd booked for December. That would have been good, and another friendly face for our small (but so select!) band....

Matthew

Archived