Titanic Museum in Belfast

Arriving on the Rotterdam, August 11th and my sole sightseeing interest is the Museum. We are supposed to dock at 8:00 A. M. I want to pre-order tickets online before arrival and find that they are timed tickets. I am debating for what time I ought to order the tickets. Any advice? It would be appreciated!

I live in Belfast and have been to the Titanic experience with many visiting friends. It really takes about 3 to 4 hours to get round it so I suggest doing it in the morning with a combined ticket for the Nomadic, which is the only remaining Titanic Tender and a tour of it lasts less than an hour. There is a nice restaurant beside both attractions called "Cast and Crew" where you could grab a quick lunch between visits.

I want to thank you for your replies. They are helpful.

Another question, if it is possible for you to answer: The port for the Rotterdam before Belfast is Dublin and before Dublin is the Isle of Man. In your opinion, do you think it will take long for the ship to be cleared by the Authorities in Belfast so that the passengers can disembark?

Edited by rkacruiser

• 2 weeks later...

reilly1,

You have been very helpful.

One more question that I hope you can answer quickly. Do I really need to purchase a timed ticket to the Titanic Museum prior to arriving?

Is the Museum so busy that not having a timed ticket might prevent me from entering?

Thank you very much for your advice!

Edited by rkacruiser

Hi, you'd be better to book if you can. You will probably get in ok but this isn't guaranteed if a big cruise is in. If you turn up earlier than your ticket, they'll try to accommodate you. Hope you like our city [emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

reilly1,

You have been very helpful.

One more question that I hope you can answer quickly. Do I really need to purchase a timed ticket to the Titanic Museum prior to arriving?

Is the Museum so busy that not having a timed ticket might prevent me from entering?

Thank you very much for your advice!

Hi, we were on Queen Elizabeth last week calling at Belfast on a Round Britain cruise. Like you, we were keen to visit the Titanic Experience but we didn't pre-book.

If you get there early in the morning, it's not busy. Take a taxi from the quay side (lots available), cost about £6, or like us, take the free shuttle to the city centre then the Hop on, Hop off bus (as we wanted to do this as well). The Titanic Experience was either the third or forth stop depending on which bus line you catch. btw, City Sightseeing Buses are more frequent than Titanic and City buses.

We enjoyed the Titanic Experience immensely but it is not a museum and there are very few actual objects.

Hope you have a great time!

Don't forget the slipway the pump house and dry dock.

There are walking tours that enhance that option.

Worth getting together with people and taking a taxi to get their early.

I appreciate your advice. I am aware of the other 3 sites and depending upon the amount of walking involved, will visit those as well. I hope.

I'm a member of the Titanic Historical Society and was hoping that there might be someone else on VOV who also shared my interest in Titanic and the White Star Line. I have posted twice on my Roll Call (a really large one!), and have received no response.