Goff's Caye Beach and Snorkeling (Island Marketing) or Water Caye (Royal Caribbean)

kaybeeeeeee

Was wondering if anyone could shed any light on the difference between these two. Price difference is only $10 and the RCI excursion leaves directly from the ship without tendering to shore first.

Goff's Caye - https://www.belizecruiseexcursions.com/BelizeBeachSnorkeling.htm

Water Caye - http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=BEE9&DestinationCode=

Any thoughts comparing the two, or information on either one from someone who's been there, would be appreciated.

I can only tell you that the Celebrity snorkeling excursion where they picked us up at the ship was horrible, we were packed in like the proverbial sardines. I go to Belize for scuba diving regularly and the reef on the Water Caye excursion was not that good. Goff's Key is supposed to be better.

I can only tell you that the Celebrity snorkeling excursion where they picked us up at the ship was horrible, we were packed in like the proverbial sardines. I go to Belize for scuba diving regularly and the reef on the Water Caye excursion was not that good. Goff's Key is supposed to be better.

Thanks Podie. We won't be doing any scuba, in fact it's probably going to be just beach for us that day. How would you rate the beach and are there any facitilites (ie washrooms, food etc) at Water Caye? If we wanted to do some snorkelling, do you know if they provided equipment or if there was equipment available?

We were just on Goff's Caye, with Island Marketing this last week. I haven't downloaded photos yet but will shortly. Here is what I can tell you about it. There is no "real" beach there, but rather a long sandbar that run parallel with the dock. You can sit on the sand bar or in the water, which is shallow for a very long way out. I entertained out 5 year old there while DW, DD, and DS all took the snorkeling tour which they raved about. Snorkeling equipment is included with Island Marketing, but you need to get it before they take everyone out to the reef. You can snorkel in the shallow water, we saw fish, starfish, conch shells etc... there. This is a little caye, I could throw a rock across it. The facilities there are limited. There is a small changing room and next to it is a men's bathroom and women's. They are not outhouses, at least the one we went in, but have a toilet. There is food to purchase there. They have a barbeque going on. We had chicken, rice, and beans. Other choices included lobster. I recommend you buy your food early. If you have any questions, let me know. I'll post pictures shortly.

Hi PacificMountain2012

We're considering this excursion with Island Marketing and would love to see pictures when you have an opportunity to download them :)

Question: are there chairs on the beach? was it crowded?

Thanks much!

We were just on Goff's Caye, with Island Marketing this last week. I haven't downloaded photos yet but will shortly. Here is what I can tell you about it. There is no "real" beach there, but rather a long sandbar that run parallel with the dock. You can sit on the sand bar or in the water, which is shallow for a very long way out. I entertained out 5 year old there while DW, DD, and DS all took the snorkeling tour which they raved about. Snorkeling equipment is included with Island Marketing, but you need to get it before they take everyone out to the reef. You can snorkel in the shallow water, we saw fish, starfish, conch shells etc... there. This is a little caye, I could throw a rock across it. The facilities there are limited. There is a small changing room and next to it is a men's bathroom and women's. They are not outhouses, at least the one we went in, but have a toilet. There is food to purchase there. They have a barbeque going on. We had chicken, rice, and beans. Other choices included lobster. I recommend you buy your food early. If you have any questions, let me know. I'll post pictures shortly.

Thanks Podie. We won't be doing any scuba, in fact it's probably going to be just beach for us that day. How would you rate the beach and are there any facitilites (ie washrooms, food etc) at Water Caye? If we wanted to do some snorkelling, do you know if they provided equipment or if there was equipment available?

There were restrooms which were fine, and a couple of different food items available. There wasn't any decent snorkeling off the beach but I think you could get equipment.

We went thru island marketing to goffs Cate this past January. I have a full review and pictures in the link in my signature. Its under the carnival dream review.

I would recommend it. We had a great time.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Forums mobile app

Hi brookeq,

Great review :) Goff's Caye looks amazing...

Question: snorkel equipment provided for the excursion, does it include fins? we're trying to decide if there is a need to bring any of our own snorkeling equipment...

Thanks much!

We went thru island marketing to goffs Cate this past January. I have a full review and pictures in the link in my signature. Its under the carnival dream review.

I would recommend it. We had a great time.

Hi brookeq,

Great review :) Goff's Caye looks amazing...

Question: snorkel equipment provided for the excursion, does it include fins? we're trying to decide if there is a need to bring any of our own snorkeling equipment...

Thanks much!

Yes fins were included.