Special meals on Regent

byellin

I am sure I can find this topic discussed if I dig through a bunch of messages, but, what special meals can be requested at dinner?

Thanks for your help.

I will be traveling on Regent in June for my honeymoon. We are not new to Regent, but this is obviously a special occasion. Should I make the cruise aware that it will be my honeymoon?

You should probably discuss special meal requests with the maitre'd of Compass Rose. They can perhaps make suggestions--this type of thing has to be done the day before. As for the menu, anything you like, that they have.

I would tell them it's your honeymoon--they will do something on the day, a little cake or something, as I remember.

Our table of 4 requested an "Indian" dinner .....wow the dishes just kept coming and it was wonderful... In our case we gave them 48 hr notice as we had Prime 7 reservations for the next evening. The Maitre D came over and gave us all kinds of suggestions as to what we might want for our feast.....extremely helpful and ohhhhh sooooo yummy!

The (mostly) Indian and Asian chefs LOVE preparing dishes from their homeland, especially if you like it authentically spicy. Just give them 24 hours notice. We got together with some other curry tragics one night and had a superb Indian meal prepared by the experts!

We have had both Indian and Filipino special meals, but you really can order anything you want 24 hrs in advance as long as they have it on board or the means to make it. I have heard of people ordering all sorts of things. One of our friends ordered escargot and filet every night.

We also ordered a Filipino meal 24 hours in advance. Chicken Adobo along with everything else and it was wonderful!

There is such a wide variety of food on these cruises - carpaccio, soups, salads, seafood, pasta and black angus ribeyes among it all. I am addicted to their salt rolls that come in the bread basket.

BTW, we were celebrating an anniversary on our first cruise and they had it on the TV, and when we went back to our room that night, there was a cake and champagne waiting for us.

Archived