Computers and phones aboard the Paul Gauguin questions

Old Doc

Can any one tell me about computer use on the PG? Should I bring my own laptop or use theirs? Is there Wi-fi on the ship? How about the rates. Also what about cell phones in Tahiti can we use them or should you use the phones on the islands? Any information would be helpful

Thanx:D

I used my TMobile GSM phone all over Tahiti without a problem. Cingular also works with Vini, the local carrier. The computer room has internet - not wireless as of last May - I think it's 100 minutes for $25.00, but, you can also use internet in the ports.

There was wireless in November. It worked in and outside the computer room as well as in the Connoisseur Club, which has since been converted to cabins. I don't know if they extended the wireless capability to more areas on the same deck as the computer room or not with the loss of the CC. I was able to connect in La Palette too though it wasn't advertised as being hot. I don't remember the rates exactly, sorry. There are only a few computers in the computer room. If it's convenient to bring your own you might be glad you did.

A recent cruiser wrote e-mails while online from La Palette, the lounge on the aft of Deck 8. He was also told that wireless was available there and on the Deck 5 hallway where the card room was located. He was NOT able to connect in his cabin with wireless. (although I believe there is a high-speed hook-up in the cabins).

Old Doc, I saw your previous question, too. That, this, and others all have answers you can find with a simply search of the archives by entering one or a few search terms. I found a WEALTH of information from previous months and years!

Archived