Carnival Excursion from FALMOUTH to Margaritaville/Rick's Cafe

Briar Patch

Has anyone taken the carnival excursion from Falmouth to Margaritaville and Rick's Cafe?

If so, how much time was available to spend at Rick's? It says you have time to "watch" the cliff jumpers, but we were wondering if there's time for guests to jump as well.

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
Long ride there and back. (Negril) :eek:

How long is your excursion? Is it a cat sail to Ricks from Margaritaville?

It's going to be about a 2 hr ride in each direction.

If you go to Ricks, there are locals jumping all hours of the day (for tips of course) and tourists can jump at any time. I like Rick's a lot. It's much better than the little MVILLE on the beach in Negril, but I know they have a Cat tour that sails from MVILLE to Ricks so I thought maybe that's part of the tour.

If you have a long day in port and you don't mind a bit of a drive, it would be a fun day.

Thanks so much! We have decided to take the ship's tour rather than going out on our own because of the distance.

although we aren't thrilled with going to Margaritaville, and it's a bit more expensive, it's worth it for the insurance of not missing the ship.

How long is your excursion?

We didn't do this excursion. I just know geography, and was warning OP about the time and distances involved.

A boat would take even longer than driving obviously.

I'm still fascinated pax take a ship to a port, get on another boat, cruise for an hour or 3, then only spend 1 hour in country, then rinse off and repeat for the way back. Of course to each their own.

We like to maximize our port time. At least the first visit.

We drove 45 minutes to MM and DRF a few weeks ago while docked in Falmouth.

Edited by bear3412

We didn't do this excursion. I just know geography, and was warning OP about the time and distances involved.

A boat would take even longer than driving obviously.

I'm still fascinated pax take a ship to a port, get on another boat, cruise for an hour or 3, then only spend 1 hour in country, then rinse off and repeat for the way back. Of course to each their own.

We like to maximize our port time. At least the first visit.

We drove 45 minutes to MM and DRF a few weeks ago while docked in Falmouth.

I was asking the OP how long their excursion is listed for. If they are in port for quite a few hours and get a decent amount of time in Negril, then it might be worth it. If the time in Negril is only an hour or two, then not worth it.

We are there from 8-4. The ship's excursion is all day long The last time we were there, we went to secret falls, which was amazing!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416272320.228669.jpg.da0f93aaa7bdc8b5be258226b6c63c24.jpg

I steer clear of dunns River falls. Seems every tour includes it. We were docked in Falmouth when we were there before.

We did scotchie's for lunch and secret falls. Probably one of the best days ever in port ! We will have 20 year olds with us this time and need to keep it fun.

Edited by Briar Patch

We are there from 8-4. The ship's excursion is all day long The last time we were there, we went to secret falls, which was amazing!!

[ATTACH]331441[/ATTACH]

I steer clear of dunns River falls. Seems every tour includes it. We were docked in Falmouth when we were there before.

We did scotchie's for lunch and secret falls. Probably one of the best days ever in port ! We will have 20 year olds with us this time and need to keep it fun.

If you don't mind the ride, you'll have fun. Negril is the nicest area on the island in my opinion!! 20 year olds will enjoy both MVille on the Beach and Ricks! If it's a ship's excursion, go and enjoy!!