Coral World Helmet Dive?

Domino D

We don't dock until 1pm, and we're thinking of doing the Sea Trek Helmet Dive at Coral World and then going to Coki for some beach time.

We are looking at booking the excursion through Carnival, and I wonder if anyone has done this excursion in the afternoon? If so can you tell me:

About the transportation back. What time is the latest that the transportation provided returns to the pier? I'm trying to figure out how long will be able to stay at the beach?

Also, Coral World closes at 4:30 and I am wondering, will we have enough time to look around at any of the other attractions?

I just don't want to feel rushed, and can do it on a future cruise if I have to. Or, can just take cab's and pay our own admission, if the excursion transportation times don't leave us enough time.

I appreciate any input you might have.

Does anyone know of another site with forums, where I might be able to get some more info on my question?

I'm going to start with Carnival 's site, but unfortunately their search function on the forums can be difficult to get specific results.

Any ideas on other sites with forums would be greatly appreciated.

I know, I'm talking to my self here. But on the off chance someone else ever has this question.

I read some review on TripAdvisor and Carnival that talked about people going to do the helmet dive in the afternoon and not having time to do anything else before the park closed. One person said they actually got a partial refund from Carnival since they never got to actually tour the park. But with that said, it was only a 2 comments, with many many positive ones.

So then I realized, I'll just email Coral World. As Homer would say "doh"

Here is what I got back

"My name is Kenan Ottley. I am the one who specifically handles the shore excursions between our company and the various Cruise lines. This email is in regards to your Carnival excursion question. There is time allotted for you to view our facility and complete your activity. You will be given 2 ½ hours at the park. This time includes your activity as well. Your dive will take approximately 45 minutes- 1 hour. The remainder of the time is free for you to explore the park and or visit the beach.

The tour group may be split into smaller groups depending on the size so the tour order may be reversed in which you have your leisure time 1st and your dive 2nd. If you wish to spend additional time at the park or beach you may do so however you will be responsible for your own transportation back to the ship. There are always taxi buses/ safari operators outside our facility and we can also call one for you at the time if needed so that will not be an issue. The taxi cost is approximately $9 per person if you are docked in the West Indian Company Limited (Havensight) dock or $10 per person if you are docked in the Austin Babe Monsanto Marine Terminal (Crownbay).

The total tour time of the excursion is approximately 3 ½ hours including the drive to and from the dock. Your excursion is currently scheduled for a 1:30 departure with an approximate return time of 5:00pm.

Thank you for your interest in visiting our facility. If you have any more questions or concerns you may feel free to contact me using any of the methods you chose from the information in my signature."

• 2 weeks later...

Domino,

Thank you for posting this information were are also cruising with Carnival in January and have the same hours in port. We have a 11 year old son who is very interested in this excursion but we had some reservations due to the timing as well. The breakdown put the timing in perspective and it seems doable. Please post your experience when you return. Happy cruising. :)

Domino,

Thank you for posting this information were are also cruising with Carnival in January and have the same hours in port. We have a 11 year old son who is very interested in this excursion but we had some reservations due to the timing as well. The breakdown put the timing in perspective and it seems doable. Please post your experience when you return. Happy cruising. :)

Mione,

Glad it was helpful. I will come back and update.