Thomson Cabin Bags allowance

Hi, if you've booked a Thomson fly / cruise it is 7kg, otherwise it is 5kg.

Berwyn

Where did you get this info from Berwyn.:confused:

I'm flying from Newcastle to Sharm El Sheikh next week to join the good ship Thomson Celebration, and my documentation clearly states that maximum weight of cabin baggage is 5kg.

I'm flying from Newcastle to Sharm El Sheikh next week to join the good ship Thomson Celebration, and my documentation clearly states that maximum weight of cabin baggage is 5kg.

It is in the A -Z Guide at the back of the brochure - unfortunately the tickets do not show the correct allowance; just take a copy of the A-Z with you when you travel.

This is the link to the relevant page in the current Thomson Cruises Brochure:

http://thomson.inbro.net/seeinsidebrochure/Thomson_Cruises-November-2012-...-October-2013-%28April-Edition%29/Booking-Information/A...Z-Guide/page_211

You will see that the hand baggage allowance is 7Kg. It has been flagged up on here on anumber of occasions that the tickets often incorrectly have an allowance of 5Kg quoted. It's wrong (I think it's probably the package holiday allowance and is the compute default setting!)

Last time this happened to me I emailed Thomson and asked them to send me a confirmation email stating the hand baggage allowance was in fact 7Kg not 5 Kg as stated on my ticket. I got a prompt reply confirming it was 7Kg. Or, you could do as I have also done in the past, tear out the appropriate page of the brochure and take it with you - just in case!

Thanks kruzseeka & jules, thats good news. My legal readers must have missed these snippets. Thirty lashes for them. I can now cram a few more shirts in my hand luggage. Well done.:);)

Archived