Which should we do first?

momrules

Cruising June 16 (I think we are the only ship in port). Want to take bus to Nelson's Dockyard and then go to a beach. Either do Valley Church or Darkwood. My question is: should we do the dockyard first then go to beach, or do the beach first then go to dockyard then go back to ship?

If we go to dockyard first can we catch a bus to Valley Church Beach or do we need to take a taxi.

Thank you for any information.

Cruising June 16 (I think we are the only ship in port). Want to take bus to Nelson's Dockyard and then go to a beach. Either do Valley Church or Darkwood. My question is: should we do the dockyard first then go to beach, or do the beach first then go to dockyard then go back to ship?

If we go to dockyard first can we catch a bus to Valley Church Beach or do we need to take a taxi.

Thank you for any information.

They are on different buslines. The two beaches are on #22. I'm guessing Dockyard is #17 (you'd best check).

Have not been to Nelson's myself, but it's definitely the furthest away from port. My own procedure is always to knock off the furthest destination first and then work my way back to port. That way you're swimming with the current, so to speak.

If it were me I would do as follows:

1) bus to Dockyard (check #).

2) taxi from dockyard to beach (I do not think any bus goes from one to the other; however you might check). As to which beach, being further from the port Darkwood is less likely to be crowded. Also, if you're looking to take the #22 bus back, Darkwood is right by the road. However I have nothing against Valley Church.

3) bus (#22) back to port.

When I was there about 10 days ago buses ran every 15 minutes or so. If you want one you stand on the left side of the road and hold your arm out horizontally. There are also marked bus stops. If you see locals standing by the road, they're probably waiting for a bus. Ask them; they won't bite. Price about $2 US more or less.