Best Western San Pedro

cormike1

Can anyone tell me if the Best Western San Pedro on South Gaffey St. is alright to stay in for 1 night before a cruise? It supplies a breakfast so that is okay as we get in later in the evening so won't need a place to eat dinner. We want to book it when we get off the ship so is it very far from the San Pedro cruise ship terminal and is there anything around there or places to eat.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Can anyone tell me if the Best Western San Pedro on South Gaffey St. is alright to stay in for 1 night before a cruise? It supplies a breakfast so that is okay as we get in later in the evening so won't need a place to eat dinner. We want to book it when we get off the ship so is it very far from the San Pedro cruise ship terminal and is there anything around there or places to eat.

Thanks everyone for your help.

It's about 10-12 blocks, maybe a mile and a half, from the Cruise Terminal (depending on which berth, which rourte)...

It's not in a particularly attractive part of San Pedro--on Gaffey Street--a main, heavily trafficked thoroughfare right near where the 110 Freeway dumps out onto Gaffey...

Most of what there is to eat in the immediate area is fast food--Mc Donalds, Burger King, Wienerschnitzel...The better restaurants in San Pedro are mostly over near the Crowne Plaza--about ten blocks or so away...

What else is in the immediate area? Chevron Station, 7-11, a couple of liquor stores, check cashing place, dry cleaners, 76 gas station...

Thanks Bruin Steve. I want to book at the Crowne Plaza and I am just trying to get a decent price other than $161 + tax and higher. That was why I was looking at the Best Western. I think I will stick to the Crowne Plaza. Thanks for your help.

I like using Priceline's Name Your Own Price when traveling to San Pedro. I have frequently won the Crowne Plaza for a bid of $75. Taxes & fees are extra bringing the total cost to around $94.

Crowne Plaza has started to charge a small fee for their shuttle to the ship on embarkation day but we were not charged for the return shuttle to the hotel after our voyage.

When you use Priceline, can you see the hotel you are bidding on? I know lots of people use it but I would hate to get stuck with a hotel in an unsafe area or in an area with nothing else close by. Thanks for everyone's help.

When you use Priceline, can you see the hotel you are bidding on? I know lots of people use it but I would hate to get stuck with a hotel in an unsafe area or in an area with nothing else close by. Thanks for everyone's help.

With Priceline, you never see the hotel until your bid is accepted...and nonrefundable...So, IN MANY PLACES, that IS a concern--that they put you in a hotel you might consider undesirable...

That is why it is always good to research, using various "bidding" websites, what hotels are used or likely...

BUT, in San Pedro, it gets REALLY simple...

There are ONLY two hotels that meet the criteria of "3.5 stars" and "San Pedro": The Crowne Plaza and the Doubletree...There are no other hotels that meet these criteria...So, as long as you don't mess up and include areas other than San Pedro or ratings other than 3.5 stars and up, then you either get assigned one of these hotels or your bid is rejected and nothing lost...

Edited by Bruin Steve