Vancouver - storing my luggage

MOcruiserman

We will be returning from our Alaska cruise on Saturday, Aug. 22, and flying out on Sunday morning, Aug. 23. We have a hotel booked at the airport for Saturday night but we don't want to go directly from the cruise port (Canada Place) to the hotel. We would like to explore Vancouver for awhile.

Is there somewhere where we could leave our luggage for a few hours, preferably in Canada Place?

We will be returning from our Alaska cruise on Saturday, Aug. 22, and flying out on Sunday morning, Aug. 23. We have a hotel booked at the airport for Saturday night but we don't want to go directly from the cruise port (Canada Place) to the hotel. We would like to explore Vancouver for awhile.

Is there somewhere where we could leave our luggage for a few hours, preferably in Canada Place?

Yes priority baggage operates out of the cruise terminal when the ships are in...

http://www.prioritybaggage.ca/

if you do change your mind.... fyi... Vancouver is a compact city.... 35 minutes cab to airport hotel and then 25 minutes by subway back downtown.

As long as you can return to the pier by 4pm to collect it, Priority Baggage will work fine for you at the pier. But if you plan to spend all day downtown, have dinner, then just head to airport for sleeping consider two options:

Have the bags transferred to YVR by Priority Baggage (you can collect at their airport locations until at least 11pm, I can't recall offhand which of domestic or international stays open latest but they 're both open at least that long). This was $40 consistently over last few years for up to 4 bags. After collecting bags, take your YVR hotel's free shuttle.

Store with the belldesk of a downtown hotel, e.g. Pan Pacific or Fairmont Waterfront. A preemptive tip should ensure that even if you are not a guest they'll look after the bags for you. Go back after dinner for bags then head to YVR.

In both cases, this enables you to take the Canada Line to the airport for $2.75 per person (no airport surcharge TO, just FROM) and even on a weekday you'll be traveling after the 6:30pm 'all zones change to Zone 1' cutoff when you can use the cheapest tickets.

Most importantly to me, you avoid wasting at least an hour of your day going to and from YVR - when you just have one day in town, that's too much time to sacrifice IMO.

As long as you can return to the pier by 4pm to collect it, Priority Baggage will work fine for you at the pier. But if you plan to spend all day downtown, have dinner, then just head to airport for sleeping consider two options:

Have the bags transferred to YVR by Priority Baggage (you can collect at their airport locations until at least 11pm, I can't recall offhand which of domestic or international stays open latest but they 're both open at least that long). This was $40 consistently over last few years for up to 4 bags. After collecting bags, take your YVR hotel's free shuttle.

Store with the belldesk of a downtown hotel, e.g. Pan Pacific or Fairmont Waterfront. A preemptive tip should ensure that even if you are not a guest they'll look after the bags for you. Go back after dinner for bags then head to YVR.

In both cases, this enables you to take the Canada Line to the airport for $2.75 per person (no airport surcharge TO, just FROM) and even on a weekday you'll be traveling after the 6:30pm 'all zones change to Zone 1' cutoff when you can use the cheapest tickets.

Most importantly to me, you avoid wasting at least an hour of your day going to and from YVR - when you just have one day in town, that's too much time to sacrifice IMO.

All great suggestions as DH and I will be in a similar situation in May: Disembarking at Canada Place, staying at an airport hotel that night and flying out the next day. We might try the Priority Baggage transfer solution. Thanks!

Edited by undercat

Thanks so much. Great suggestions.