Navigator of the Sea's rooms

thehams

My FI and I will be cruising on the Navigator 9/2015 and I have no idea how to pick a room or area of a ship. We have a balcony room and wanted to tips/advice on how to pick a stateroom.

I'm not aware of any bad balcony locations on Navigator. My first inclination would be to pick one on decks 7, 8, or 9 so as to have other staterooms below and above you. I also like to be near one of the elevator lobbies.

Edited by clarea

My FI and I will be cruising on the Navigator 9/2015 and I have no idea how to pick a room or area of a ship. We have a balcony room and wanted to tips/advice on how to pick a stateroom.

I agree with Bob. DH and I had a great balcony cabin on Navigator in May of this year. We stayed in a D3 cabin on deck 7 (7240), and it's just to the side of the elevator/staircase. Close enough to the action, but quiet enough to not be disturbed by hallway noises. I'd select that room again in a heartbeat.

If it's your first cruise, try to be as close to the middle of the ship so you won't feel the motion as much. Like Bob said, shoot for decks 7, 8 or 9, mid ship. My TA gave me this advice for my first cruise and I was so grateful. We were close to the elevators and felt nothing at night when we were trying to sleep

My family and I were on Navigator this past March and had 3 cabins: D2 Cabins 8332, 8334, and 8632. Wonderful cabins! The Navigator is a beautiful ship!!! And my family is now hooked on RC!!!

(Also, if you want to try a specialty restaurant, Sabor is AWESOME!!! The Sangria and the table side guacamole are EXCELLENT!)

Our next cruise will be more towards the middle of the ship closer to the stairs. The cruises we have been on, the elevators are usually very crowded so we take the stairs most of the time. One cruise we had a room at the end of the hallway that I LOVED because I felt that we were walking off some of our food and I could feel the sway at night when sleeping. The husband smokes - so he likes to be closer to the stairs to get to the smoking areas!

My own preference is actually FURTHER from the stairs and elevators. The closer you are, the more folks walking past your cabin to get there and back. Plus, not like I'm worried racking up miles and miles of walking to them myself.

Just goes to show everyone's got their quirks, and reasons for them.