any hotel in Galveston/Houston with transportation?

mobsterdon

Does anyone know of a hotel in Houston/Galveston area that picks up at the airport and the cruise port? Location isn't an issue as long as it isn't too far out of the way. We are cruising in March. Thank you

I haven't heard of any in Galveston that pick up at Houston airport. If you get a Houston hotel that picks up then you have to worry about transportatin to Galveston. I think what most people do is use a local limo or shuttle service to pick them up at airport and take to Galveston. Several hotels will have local shuttles to the port. And Galveston is such a wonderful place to stay.

The issue is that Houston and Galveston are not close to each other.

You will probably be able to get a hotel in Houston that will pick you up at the airport (which airport are you flying into BTW?) and take you to the hotel. You will then need to find transport to the port.

You could also find your own transport to a hotel in Galveston, of which several provide free transport to the port.

But you are not likely to find a hotel that will do both. Hobby Airport is about 35 miles from Galveston and Bush Intercontinental is about 70 miles. It's just too far out of the way.

I would be coming in at Hobby airport, sorry.

In my honest opinion, you'd be better contacting a transportation service to pick you up at Hobby and staying in Galveston at someplace that has shuttle service to the port. Do a search for Galveston and their city/tourist website will come up with all kinds of information.

There is also another thread here that listed some of the places that will shuttle to the port.

We just got home last nite. We stayed at San Louis Resort. They have a free shuttle next door at the hilton. YOu just have to give them a tip. We used a great limo that picked us up at the airport and no problems. He was waiting at the airport with a sign. No problems at all. I think it was Z limo. I can check the name if you need me to. I have a toll free number if you need it. It is still in my stuff to unpack.

I am cruising this March and flying in and out of Houston Hobby. I found a hotel within a mile from Hobby with a hotel shuttle to and from the airport and also offered a Galveston Cruise Terminal round trip transportation package.

It is the Country Inn and Suites. I believe with tax the package was $207.00 for a one night stay with airport transportation, roundtrip cruise terminal transportation, and continental breakfast. The package was available for up to 4 adults per room. I've heard the area around Hobby isn't the greatest, but this hotel looks clean inside and out. I'm hoping a made a good decision!

I hope this helps. When I booked my cruise, I didn't realize that Galveston's airport did not serve commercial airlines anymore :eek: and transportation from Houston is not cheap! Best of luck!

Think the Springhill Suites at Hobby use to have a cruise package that would take you to & from the port. Also, you might check with the Country Inn & Suites in Galveston--we stayed there in Dec &

a shuttle driver was talking to the front desk about picking people up at Hobby--don't know if it was there shuttle or just a shuttle. But call them to find out.

Edited by golfpccc

• 3 years later...

Get a shuttle to Galveston...there are options (sometimes limo are same price). Many hotels in Galveston have options to get to terminal. Cabs are cheap too.

IF you have a car...There is a B and B "Lost Bayou" that offers a stay and park option. They are soo wonderful. Nice accomodations and free parking for the week (at Railroad museum) if you do bring your car. Full breakfast with all your friends who stayed there too. NICE send off to a week of fun. Tell them Kelly from Fredericksburg sent you!