Price drops on a captains suite?

LegalCat

Hi everyone... I have 4 cabins booked on the Glory in September... I signed up for cruise fish which has been really beneficial for 3 of the 4 cabins... I think I've been able to knock about $500 off the price of 3 of them over the past few months... My problem is the 4th cabin which is a captains suite... The suite isn't listed on the website, I had to call Carnival to get an initial quote, so.. I also have to call them every time I think there might be a price drop... for example yesterday, my other 3 cabins each had a small drop, $60, $60 and $80 for a total drop of $200... so I called about the CS and they said there was no price difference.... Any way to get around calling to check on the price of that?

Also, I'm assuming since there are only two CS on the ship and I've now booked one, a price drop is pretty unlikely... and if the second CS gets booked, then a price drop would clearly be impossible since there would be no availability to price check...

You probably won't get a price drop since there are only 2 cabins in that category and when the other one is gone that's it. We had the Glory CS last year and also for next month on the Freedom and they are both gone so I don't expect a price drop.

This may be a dumb question, but what is cruise fish?

Cruise fish dot net is a site that monitors cruise prices and send notification on any price changes. I have used it for a long time and saved lots of money....it is a travel agent site though so this info is most likely going to be deleted soon. Hope you get a chance to see it. Apologies in advance to CC.

Edited by tree.critter

Fare viewer works and a mock booking also works. You have to select "Suite" "Grand Suite" "Forward". If it doesn't come up it means that both are booked and therefore you will not get a price drop. We have the CS booked this summer on the Sunshine and we did not get a price drop before the other CS was booked.

You probably won't get a price drop since there are only 2 cabins in that category and when the other one is gone that's it. We had the Glory CS last year and also for next month on the Freedom and they are both gone so I don't expect a price drop.

Lottsomom I have one booked on the freedom for this summer. Could you give me some info on the room when you return?

I just got a call for an upgrade for the Captain's Suite on Glory sailing 5/9/2015.

I wonder if, instead of doing a price drop for those rooms, they try and upsell them to other passengers? I'm sure my lido balcony would be easier to book then the Captain's Suite.

I remember hearing about Captain's Suites ages ago but had forgotten about them.

Which ships have them?

Re: price drop

We always book suite or aft or aft wrap. NEVER have we had a price break. I just always assumed those rooms were in demand and fewer of them there was no reason to discount them.

Fare viewer works and a mock booking also works. You have to select "Suite" "Grand Suite" "Forward". If it doesn't come up it means that both are booked and therefore you will not get a price drop. We have the CS booked this summer on the Sunshine and we did not get a price drop before the other CS was booked.

Thanks!! I didn't know the CS was the same as the grand suite forward but I see that now... That's great....

Cruise fish dot net is a site that monitors cruise prices and send notification on any price changes. I have used it for a long time and saved lots of money....it is a travel agent site though so this info is most likely going to be deleted soon. Hope you get a chance to see it. Apologies in advance to CC.

Sorry to hijack the thread. When you go to that sight and click on a specific ship it has percentages by all of the sailing dates. What are those percentages?

Sorry to hijack the thread. When you go to that sight and click on a specific ship it has percentages by all of the sailing dates. What are those percentages?

That is the percent of categories that still have at least one room available and showing a price. Something like seeing 75% doesn't mean that the ship is only 25% booked. There might just be 1 room left in a category so it still counts it as a %.

Lottsomom I have one booked on the freedom for this summer. Could you give me some info on the room when you return?

I just got done watching a youtube video that someone made of room 9202 on the Freedom, and it's the same as our CS on the Glory. It will give you a idea of how the CS is. Hope this helps.

Edited by lottsomom

I just got done watching a youtube video that someone made of room 9202 on the Freedom, and it's the same as our CS on the Glory. It will give you a idea of how the CS is. Hope this helps.

I think I've seen it....is it by spaniel lover? He does a great job! Still id like to here from someone that's been in it out of galveston!