Shore excursions while on Navigator of the Seas

jujube2008

We will be sailing on Navigator of the Seas departing on August 3 out of Galveston. We are a party of nine with three being children ages 8, 10, and 11. Our kids are interested in doing two excursions while sailing. They are interested in swimming with the dolphins and the sea turtle, stingray excursion. They are wanting to stay away from the tours onboard due to cost. Can anyone suggest a company on either island that is reputable, reasonable in price and could guarantee getting them back to the ship on time. I have been to Jamaica several times and feel that would be the most troubling about being trustworthy. Any input would be most appreciated.

Edited by jujube2008
typo

Check here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

For Cozumel you can book directly with the operator for Swimming with the dolphins. Taking a cab from the ship to Chakanaba (sp) is very easy and safe. Have done it twice.

For Grand Cayman there is plenty of private tour operators that you can go through. We used Stingraysailing.com and it was the highlight of both of our cruises.

In Grand Cayman we used Sun Rays Tours. Smaller crowd, beautiful catamaran, excellent crew, we even sailed back to the dock...highlight of our trip!

I like that you sailed back to the port, instead of driven by van.

We might have to try them

We used Nativeways and went to Rum point for lunch.

How was the pizza SunRays served for lunch?

Edited by jonbgd

I like that you sailed back to the port, instead of driven by van.

We might have to try them

We used Nativeways and went to Rum point for lunch.

How was the pizza SunRays served for lunch?

Sorry, my words were confusing. We didn't sail back to the port; we sailed back to where the catamaran docks. By sail, I mean they actually rigged up the sails and didn't use the motors! We still had a van ride back to port.

The pizza was ok, nothing spectacular but a nice thing to nibble on after a day of fun in the sun! We were grateful for it!

We will be sailing on Navigator of the Seas departing on August 3 out of Galveston. We are a party of nine with three being children ages 8, 10, and 11. Our kids are interested in doing two excursions while sailing. They are interested in swimming with the dolphins and the sea turtle, stingray excursion. They are wanting to stay away from the tours onboard due to cost. Can anyone suggest a company on either island that is reputable, reasonable in price and could guarantee getting them back to the ship on time. I have been to Jamaica several times and feel that would be the most troubling about being trustworthy. Any input would be most appreciated.

The Blue Hole:eek: is the top thing to do in Ocho Rios Guarantee!! you can email them at jamaicairietours@yahoo.com for more info