Scotland and Ireland cruise 12 days incl. DIY port trips

This is a link to my insanely long picture review of our British Isles cruise.

Be my guest to read along!

Lol -- the actual ports don't start until page 15:D:rolleyes:...just in case you want to skip the ship stuff.

Oh, and I'm still writing it...so if you'd rather read the all finished review...better wait till christmas 2014...I think I may be finished by then:eek:.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2094891

Stef

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw that you had a picture of the treasure chest in the museum. Did you know that this failed attempt at colonising America was a direct cause of the union between Scotland and England. Basically Scotland was broke.

I saw that you had a picture of the treasure chest in the museum. Did you know that this failed attempt at colonising America was a direct cause of the union between Scotland and England. Basically Scotland was broke.

Hi Bob,

nope, although I try to add a bit of history in my thread every so often, I must admit, that there are still huge holes to be filled with knowledge. Thanks for sharing! That chest was amazing!

Stef

Hi Steffi, I only found the link to your review today, when it went to the top of the pile on the Britain board but I'm glad I did.

I've only got to the end of your Edinburgh day so far but I'm really enjoying it. We've never cruised with MSC so it's great to get lots of detail detail in case we cruise with them in future.

It was good to meet you on the pier and I'm sorry if I was so sleepy. We'd just started and I'm not really a morning person :D. I'm also really pleased you found my directions to the station useful. I remember you telling me you had printed them off!! Wasn't it funny you spoke to my husband to ask for me.

BTW we used to live just outside Celle so not that far away from you.

Rhona

Hi Steffi, I only found the link to your review today, when it went to the top of the pile on the Britain board but I'm glad I did.

I've only got to the end of your Edinburgh day so far but I'm really enjoying it. We've never cruised with MSC so it's great to get lots of detail detail in case we cruise with them in future.

It was good to meet you on the pier and I'm sorry if I was so sleepy. We'd just started and I'm not really a morning person :D. I'm also really pleased you found my directions to the station useful. I remember you telling me you had printed them off!! Wasn't it funny you spoke to my husband to ask for me.

BTW we used to live just outside Celle so not that far away from you.

Rhona

Yay Rhona! I'm so glad you found the review! It was an honor to meet you and your husband ... lol -- he was the first Scot I ever talked to in real life ... and he was a charm! Your directions to the station were perfect and I hope you don't mind, that I posted a link to them in the review. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Whoohoo -- and now I know your first name :D . It was really good meeting ya and you didn't seem too sleepy at all. I'm a zombie early in the mornings (when I'm not full of adrenaline because of a port trip), so I think you were very lively indeed!

Stef

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...