Christmas 2016 sailings

klr6773

Hello everyone!

Looking to surprise the kids with a cruise during their Christmas break next year. Staying on this side of the country to keep costs down a bit. I am looking at two 7 night itineraries- Carnival Miracle Dec 24 sailing or the NCL Jewel Dec 26 sailing. I admit, I do like the later departure a bit better, but won't rule out Christmas at sea ,either. The girls would be 13 and 9....

We have never sailed Carnival. We sailed NCL for the first time (without the kids, though) on the Pearl this year to Alaska and had a very nice time, though it was in a Penthouse, which was a first (and likely once in a lifetime for us). We would likely book a balcony stateroom, at least to give us a little extra space when everyone is actually in the stateroom.

Does anyone have any thoughts they can share to help me decide which line? I know a lot of it is subjective, but I would appreciate any feedback that can be offered!

Thanks!

If it was me, I would take the sailing departing on Dec 26. This would allow the children to celebrate Christmas eve and morning in the traditional manner. If your religious faith does not celebrate Christmas disregard this logic.